90 year old dad - Freeport & Nassau

mcarney

Hi all!

I have an opportunity to take my 90 year old dad on a Bahamas cruise to Freeport & Nassau this summer... I need suggestions on what to do as far as excursions ... Dad's mobility is not the greatest now-a-days .. he's not wheelchair bound, but his knees and back don't cooperate most of the time so we'd definitely need a taxi to wherever we go. Dad suffers from skin cancer too ... We've been to the Bahamas several times and I'm just fresh out of ideas ... we've done the taxi around the city, DIY Atlantis, glass bottom boat and Balmoral ... Dad doesn't go in the water, lay out in the sun (for obvious reasons) .. he does love to people watch though (who doesn't). Dad has said that he'd rather go somewhere other than the Bahamas, but at this point in time, this is all that I can offer ...

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can plan for me and dad in Freeport and Nassau? This is really starting to weigh on me and I'm already feeling bad because we can't go somewhere other than the Bahamas ...

Thanking you all in advance

Marianne

How about Cuba instead? NCL Sky does 4 night cruises to Cuba and their private island starting in May. From FL. Cuba offers a hop on/hop off (ho ho) bus for a reasonable amount although I'm not sure how much. He could ride the bus, see the sights, maybe stop to listen to music and have a cocktail. Just an idea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How about Cuba instead? NCL Sky does 4 night cruises to Cuba and their private island starting in May. From FL. Cuba offers a hop on/hop off (ho ho) bus for a reasonable amount although I'm not sure how much. He could ride the bus, see the sights, maybe stop to listen to music and have a cocktail. Just an idea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi ..

Thank you for the suggestion ... We live in SC and Miami is way to far to travel ... That's one of the issues we are having ... Have to cruise from either Charleston, Jacksonville or maybe at the furthest is Port Canaveral. We cruise on Carnival since I'm platinum and can have the early boarding, priority perks ... We are also traveling with my boyfriend and his children for their summer vacation (this will be our 3rd year in a row). The hop on hop off would be good, but that's a lot of up/down on his knees ... But that is a thought ...

I think Cuba would be awesome ... But, the boys don't have passports and do t know if the mother would sign for the youngest to get one ... Plus the additional visas needed ... Too much for right now.

Thank you again 😊