Future cruise deposit = on board credit

old fool

Clearly this is the law in the US but not in the UK and so you get different T&C's.

The change to only those actually on board with you when you purchase your FCD's is also happening on P&O.

However it does occur to me that you could just buy extra FCD's for yourself and share them round the family when on board. Well certainly the benefits. A little complicated perhaps but certainly doable

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't think that is doable because one is only allowed to redeem one FCD per person per cruise and thus only receive one lot of OBC. If you buy multiple FCD's you will need to book the corresponding amount of cruises which defeats your objective.

Edited by North West Newbie

Some very interesting and informative posts on this thread. Like so many of you, I have always made sure that we got a "Future Cruise" letter with OBC shown, prior to leaving the ship. However, last October, I could see no mention or promotion around the Future Cruise office and went in to ask if such a letter was available. I was told that it was but was not being "pushed" at that time. The agent asked me why I wanted the letter and I answered "For the OBC". The reply came "If you book on board I can give you more than twice the OBC which would be shown on your letter.

We took her at her word, spent some time looking through this years cruises and decided on one. Went back to the agent and made the booking for September. Fair enough instead of $300 each OBC, we were given $650 each but no reduction on the price. In addition we gave her the details of our TA and she made the booking through our TA. We emailed our TA from the ship and he deducted £200 each off the cruise price.

To summarise, we got great OBC from the Future Cruise people and as they put our TA's name against the booking, he reduced the price as well as our benefitting from the OBC. In short, it certainly paid us to book on the ship and forego the usual letter.

David.