motherchic

I know this isnt a fashion statement but i just wanted to share

PEPPERMINTINI

Edy's Slow Churned Light Peppermint Ice Cream

1/4 cup chocolate syrup

4 ounces white crème de cacao, chilled

4 ounces gin or vodka, chilled

4 miniature candy canes or 4 teaspoons crushed peppermint candy

On the inside of each of 4 chilled martini glasses, draw a spiral with 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup. In blender, blend together 4 large scoops of ice cream, crème de cacao and gin. Carefully pour into prepared glasses, dividing mixture equally. Garnish each glass with 1 candy cane or 1 teaspoon peppermint candy. Serves 4.

** doesnt this sound good !!!!!!

ENJOY

Nadine

PEPPERMINTINI

1/4 cup chocolate syrup

On the inside of each of 4 chilled martini glasses, draw a spiral with 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup. In blender, blend together 4 large scoops of ice cream, crème de cacao and gin. Carefully pour into prepared glasses, dividing mixture equally. Garnish each glass with 1 candy cane or 1 teaspoon peppermint candy. Serves 4.

ENJOY

Nadine

Sounds like an extra three miles in the morning to me!

Sounds like an extra three miles in the morning to me!

CaviarGirl,

LOL!!! Great minds think alike!

As soon as I read the recipe, needing an extra 1/2 hour on the treadmill came to my mind!;)

Motherchic,

Thanks for the calories.....I mean the recipe.:) Sounds delicious.

Do you work for Edy's? I ask because you went into a very detailed description of the recipe calling for a specific brand of "slow churned" ice cream, rather than just writing "peppermint icecream".

Jane

This sounds like desert drinks from Dylan Prime in Tribecca. I can't drink a whole one after a meal and cosmos and wine, but I gotta say, the ones at Dylan are so yummy. I'm not a desert person, but these desert drinks are wonderful.

If I remember reading, these desert "tinis" are very very in now. Thanks for the recipe I may just try it.

thanks for reminding me, I just want to go back to Dylan's now. That is just the best restaurant ever.

www.dylanprime.com for those who are going to NYC I high recommend it. Hubby and I just love that place, never had a bad meal or bad service or a wait for a table or anything, actually we would probably call it the perfect restaurant (need resys though)

PEPPERMINTINI

1/4 cup chocolate syrup

ENJOY

Nadine

Mmm...that sounds yummy...especially with vodka!

Adding this to the list for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Love martimis and love Christmas, sounds like a match made in heaven. ;) Motherchic, thanks for the recipe.

MrsMoose Thanks for the tip on Dylans, friends of ours from Albany and us go into city about every 4 months, I will add this to our list of restaurants to visit.:D

Your welcome. It's a great steakhouse, you will need to reserve. I hope you have the same wonderful experience we always have.

Don't forget to try their pietinis and caketinis for desert. think, alcholoic almond cheese cake in a martini glass. I don't like deserts but those drinks are good....

Their martinis in general are wonderful. They have a martini list.

Bought the book Mondo Cocktails for DH's upcoming birthday. It's about the history of cocktails. Plan to add glassware and bottle of something. This recipe looks interesting and I will add it to the theme.

Fun gift!

I bought friends a similar gift and one of the items I found to add was a tin of sugar to use on the rim of the glasses. It's a round, flat tin, only about an inch high, and the circumference is big enough for any martini glass. It's filled with red and white sugar crystals. Before putting the drink in the glass, you wet the rim with a little water, then place the rim of the glass in the sugar which then sticks to the wet part. Take it out, and Voila! You have a pretty red & white sugar rimmed glass. Makes the drinks even more festive looking.

Jane

No i dont work for Edys, i got an e-mail in my mailbox with the recipe so i copied it and pasted it as was. I must admit i really like the slow churned. i am on Meight watchers and i never found an ice cream low cal that tastes as good. Now its the only kind i buy, even for my kids. Not a true martini for a purist but it sounds like fun so i am going to try them for the holidays

No i dont work for Edys, i got an e-mail in my mailbox with the recipe so i copied it and pasted it as was. I must admit i really like the slow churned. i am on Meight watchers and i never found an ice cream low cal that tastes as good. Now its the only kind i buy, even for my kids. Not a true martini for a purist but it sounds like fun so i am going to try them for the holidays

I agree. Edy's does make great ice cream.

The martini's sound perfect for Xmas Day! Enjoy!

Jane

Jane thanks for the tip I will look for that item. Mrs. Moose trip to Toronto was great but too short. Will tour Bloor area on a weekday in future. Holts was very crowded and busy. Had a wonderful dinner atop the CN tower last night. Last time, we did dinner there was for my 21st birthday and I'm nearly 50 now many years ago. Wonderful memories.

Archived