cruise canceled please help

danad

we have just been notified that our first cruise has been canceled by Princess " due to operational reasons." We have contacted Princess and were given no explanation. They are offering a $100 per cabin credit on a future cruise, which to us does not come close to making up for the disappointment and inconvience. Needless to say we are upset and are bewildered. I cannot believe Princess handles their clientel this way. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for any and all feedback.

Was your cruise booked on the Diamond? If so, read down on the board here and it will fully explain why.

Hopefully you can find another sailing for the same time frame.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

I know the Dawn Princess has been cancelled for the 11/3/04 and 11/13/04 sailing for dry dock, Maybe it's one of these.

Vicki

12/26/04 Caribbean Princess to Eastern Caribbean

Princess Star 8/03 Alaska

Princess Coral 3/03 Panama

Disney's Wonder 12/01 Bahama's

RCC Majesty of the Seas 11/99 Southern Caribbean

Danad... I thoroughly understand your disappointment. From what I understand, the Dawn is going into drydock for mechanical reasons. Cruiselines don't have a lot of options when there are mechanical issues and have to arrange for drydock time. They really don't want to lose the sailings. However, you have plenty of time to plan an alternate cruise. I think $100 per cabin is very nice of them this far in advance.

When my Coral Princess cruise was cancelled less than two weeks before a Christmas holiday sailing (when everything is usually fully-booked many months in advance), I was able to find an alternate the same day.

Song of Norway & Song of America, 1986-88; Royal Princess 2/99; Sun Princess 1/00; Ocean Princess 12/00; Royal Princess 4/01; Grand Princess 12/23/01; Sea Princess 2/9/02; Explorer of the Seas 12/21/02; Coral Princess 8/9/03; Nordic Empress 12/27/03; Regal Princess (4/20/04)

-- Caribbean Princess (12/26/04) -- Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2004;12;26;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

-- Royal Princess (4/21/05) -- Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2005;04;21;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Take the $100 and re-schedule. There's no need to be confused and bewildered, it's just one of those things. Your disappointment will diminish once you have an alternate cruise booked. It's not the end of the world, just a minor hiccup.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Behind every rolls royce dealership there is a service dept. mechanical things break, sorry it was during your week, reschedule, spend the $100 on good wine and enjoy.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>