Cabin M117 on Regal/Royal?

metairiegal

Anybody have any experience with inside cabin M117 on the Regal or Royal? Or, any inside forward cabin on the Marina deck?

How was it? Any motion or noise?

Thanks!

I stayed in that cabin on the Royal's 2nd cruise out of Port Everglades. I enjoyed it. It was a tad strange sleeping so close to the door but I like the way it was laid out. Nice closet space. It was booked as a single, my husband was still working then. Mostly quiet with 2 exceptions.

1. Someone across the hall from me opened their balcony door and left it open in the middle of the night. I was awakened at 4am from a dead sleep by a very loud noise which turned out to be from the door of their cabin caused by wind and air pressure. I could not get back to sleep and had to call passenger services who had to send someone out to tell them to close the door. I can't imagine how they could sleep. Then when I was finally falling back asleep passenger services called me to make sure I was happy with their service. What can I say?

2. a few mornings maybe 8 or 9ish there was what sounded like a hi lo in the distance coming from the center of the ship down low. it included the back up beeping. It wasn't awfully loud like the wind issue at 4am but I could still hear it. I was awake. More a curiosity than an issue.

Anything else I can help you with? BTW the wind issue could have happened anywhere on the ship.

I stayed in that cabin on the Royal's 2nd cruise out of Port Everglades. I enjoyed it. It was a tad strange sleeping so close to the door but I like the way it was laid out. Nice closet space. It was booked as a single, my husband was still working then. Mostly quiet with 2 exceptions.

1. Someone across the hall from me opened their balcony door and left it open in the middle of the night. I was awakened at 4am from a dead sleep by a very loud noise which turned out to be from the door of their cabin caused by wind and air pressure. I could not get back to sleep and had to call passenger services who had to send someone out to tell them to close the door. I can't imagine how they could sleep. Then when I was finally falling back asleep passenger services called me to make sure I was happy with their service. What can I say?

2. a few mornings maybe 8 or 9ish there was what sounded like a hi lo in the distance coming from the center of the ship down low. it included the back up beeping. It wasn't awfully loud like the wind issue at 4am but I could still hear it. I was awake. More a curiosity than an issue.

Anything else I can help you with? BTW the wind issue could have happened anywhere on the ship.

Thanks for the reply!

I am a little confused because M117 is not a sideways - it is a regular inside. So, we wouldn't be sleeping close to the door.

Was there any motion being that far forward?