Valor Review 11/06 thru11/13

PA Dutchman

Day before: Flew in day early, stayed at the Holiday Inn, Port across from the Bayside Market. Had dinner at the Hard Rock. Both great places to go to.

Embarkation: Everybody will have there own story. This was the best embarkation we ever had. At the port at 1110 and thru to the onboard picture takeing by 1203. In our room by 1210. This is the first time we got a Platinum card, very hard to read with the white lettering. To this point it didn't do a thing for us, except welcom back. I must say being on carnival so many times all the rooms are the same. We always get a balcony. Drop off bags and to the Lido deck then check out the ship.

The ship: Done in dark and light brown, not the brighest colors, but we don't care were going cruiseing. Read other reviews , make your own conclusion.

Nassau: We have been here many times so we just bop around town, broke my sun glasses so we went on a hunt for a sunglass store, not hard to find.

St Thomas: Omming from Nassau Everybody must go thru Immigration before getting off ship, not to bad. Been here way to many times, so we visited a few places that sent us christmas cards and said hello. Got our drink at Bumpas, which is on the 2nd floor and check out the people, we always do that at St Thomas.

St Maarten: We walked to town and they really have upgraded the area, one of the nicest places to go to.

Shows: NightClub express was just a normal carnival show. The comedy of Michael Macy was pretty good and the R rated at midnight. The Far From Over 80s show was one of the best we have seen with carnival and we have seen some really good ones. The Saturday 1030 only show Carnival Legends was a Karaoke based show with your fellow passengers and it was a standing room only and was great. They had everybody dressed like the person whoes song they sang. Everybody liked it. Great job carnival.

Food: Typical carnival food, they need to change the munu. I don't think it changed for years. Scarlett's supper club, for a extra $60.00 Hmmmm did have great food. Thats getting pricey. Rosies is the same old carnival food, fish and chips is great, The oriental is OK, The grill is good, The deli is great, pizzeria is always good. Must say if you can't find something you like , don't cruise. You can eat and eat and eat, and go get some more.

Carnival employees: Not a problem with anybody, had a great time with

all, we usually do.

Dress code: What dress code, it is slowly becomming a thing of the past. Each cruise we see more and more don't go formal. Some don't go anything. Jeans were the choice at our table for Saturday night. So elegant casual it will be for me from now on. This also includes Scarlett's.

Disembarkation: This is where it gets interesting. Saturday night when we get back from the show we have a letter from carnival, open it and it tells us how wounderful ist is that we have been cruiseing with carnival and as a platinum card holder we are to go to the Lincoln dineing room at 0730 with our bags and can get off the ship first or sent the bags out at midnight and then come at 0830 get off the ship and then get your bags and thru customs. Well this looks great, our flight is at 330 out of Miami. So we think we could maybe get an early flight. HA HA HA HA HA wrong, Off we go at 0730, we were the only 2 with a platinum card. we get to the airport at 815 and everything is booked and over booked. So we spend a day at the airport till 330. HMMM fun.:rolleyes: Now problem with airplane, leave 40 min late headed for Phi, land 40 min late connection flight pulling out, now we waite till 900 for the next flight and off we go to HIA. At HIA we are waiteing for luggage ONE is a NO SHOW and it's the other halfs bag. Its been a long day and the other half is not a happy camper all the way home and the next morn. Thank you US AIR I really needed that. Monday at 1100 bag shows up at home. Thank GOD.

So when you think you are getting something good sometimes you pay alittle price for it. Other then that we had a great time again and will be going with Carnival next year, we got to get a Vegas trip in before. So the platinum card did not really do anything for us, other wise we would have got to the airport around 11. So what can I say, "Welcome back to Carnival" here is your platinum sail and sign card. You know what old Swartzy said (I'll be back) ;)

PA DUTCHMAN

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review!! The Valor is one of the three-four ships I am thinking of for our next cruise!

Did you shop at all when you stayed at HI precruise (water,soda, beer etc?) Just wondering about what is close as we are staying there in 2 weeks for one night...looking forward to Bayside Marketplace also...

Thanks again for the review...

Thanks for the review! We'll be on the Valor for the 12/04 sailing. I was getting a little worried after reading some of the other reviews. Especially since I was the one who picked the ship. We have 8 new cruisers along and I want them to enjoy the cruising experience.

BettyB2, Bayside will have almost everything if you look for it. If not it will be near by. Just ask somebody.

Valor2005, You get a different feeling on every ship you go on, The cruising experience is what you make of it. All the ships are a different theam. All people expect different things, some people will not like it for whatever reason. Pick a ship as to where you would like to go. Everything else is so close it don't matter. We like it all, never been on a cruise I did't like. Have a nice cruise.

Hi, My husband and I will be sailing with you I assume, on the Valor leaving Miamii at 4pm on Dec 4th. I see you have been on many cruises, but this will be our first!:)

Yep. We'll be on the same ship. We're really looking forward to it. Should be a great time! Are you part of the Rusty Wallace group?

Archived