Will I be able to cover these sites for 2 full days in Copenhagen?

JC168

Scandic Copenhagen is a very short 5-10 minute walk at most to Trivoli. I stayed there last year and will again this fall. Very nice breakfast buffet. Thru the hotel I booked a full day tour out into the countryside and visited the two big castles, plus several other stops. Well worth the time and $$.

Personally I'd skip the Little Mermaid, as someone mentioned you can see it from the canal boat tour. It is often listed as one of the most overrated tourist spots in the world.

Have to agreed with you that Little Mermaid is somehow overrated. Will consider skipping it since I can see from the boat tour.

So where there a huge crowd for breakfast in the morning at Scandic Copenhagen? Have to plan in advance to avoid any delay in sightseeing. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have to agreed with you that Little Mermaid is somehow overrated. Will consider skipping it since I can see from the boat tour.

So where there a huge crowd for breakfast in the morning at Scandic Copenhagen? Have to plan in advance to avoid any delay in sightseeing. Thanks.

Its a pretty big room and there was a pretty good crowd but I had no issues. There is two sets of identical food laid out so you can pick and choose pretty easily.

About two blocks away (you pass by when heading to Trivoli) are a couple of local supermarkets if you need some goodies. There also seemed to be a Burger King every other block if you're homesick

Its a pretty big room and there was a pretty good crowd but I had no issues. There is two sets of identical food laid out so you can pick and choose pretty easily.

About two blocks away (you pass by when heading to Trivoli) are a couple of local supermarkets if you need some goodies. There also seemed to be a Burger King every other block if you're homesick

Thanks for the information. Looking forward to our stay for 3 nights pre-cruise on 6/9/17.

• 2 weeks later...

Great info in this thread, and already very helpful.

We arrive afternoon of June 1st, full day on June 2nd in Copenhagen and board our ship on the 3rd. Staying at Hotel Christian IV

We bought the 24 hour Copenhagen card mostly to pay for stuff in advance. The current plan is

1. Tivoli evening one

2. Rosenberg castle morning of the 2nd

3. Canal boats

Otherwise we are still planning. Realistically what else would one suggest, be able to fit in on day #2?

Great info in this thread, and already very helpful.

We arrive afternoon of June 1st, full day on June 2nd in Copenhagen and board our ship on the 3rd. Staying at Hotel Christian IV

We bought the 24 hour Copenhagen card mostly to pay for stuff in advance. The current plan is

1. Tivoli evening one

2. Rosenberg castle morning of the 2nd

3. Canal boats

Otherwise we are still planning. Realistically what else would one suggest, be able to fit in on day #2?

This is not covered by the Copenhagen Card, but I would do the Grand Tour (3 hours) with Copenhagen Free Walking Tours. They begin at 10am, 11 am and 3 pm so you can schedule your other activities around it. You will learn so much about the history and culture of both Copenhagen and Denmark. It was the highlight of our 2 days in Copenhagen. (The guides work for tips.)

http://www.copenhagenfreewalkingtours.dk/index.html

This is not covered by the Copenhagen Card, but I would do the Grand Tour (3 hours) with Copenhagen Free Walking Tours. They begin at 10am, 11 am and 3 pm so you can schedule your other activities around it. You will learn so much about the history and culture of both Copenhagen and Denmark. It was the highlight of our 2 days in Copenhagen. (The guides work for tips.)

http://www.copenhagenfreewalkingtours.dk/index.html

Ok great. Thank you!