Best souvenirs in St Maarten

Djaesmom

On our recent visit we purchased some Guavaberry Rum. It was available in many of the shops on the island.

On the way back to the cruise ship they were handing out a guavaberry colada sample that was really good. (recipe found on the bottle)

price was about 20 to 25 dollars depending on where you purchased it.

On our recent visit we purchased some Guavaberry Rum. It was available in many of the shops on the island.

On the way back to the cruise ship they were handing out a guavaberry colada sample that was really good. (recipe found on the bottle)

price was about 20 to 25 dollars depending on where you purchased it.

Guava berry Rum is uniquely St.Maarten's but it's not a taste that everyone likes. I have heard though, that it is best in a Colada. I like Toppers Rhum. Mocha Mama and Banana Vanilla Cinnamon are our favorites. It's also a product of St. Maarten.

• 4 months later...
Guava berry Rum is uniquely St.Maarten's but it's not a taste that everyone likes. I have heard though, that it is best in a Colada. I like Toppers Rhum. Mocha Mama and Banana Vanilla Cinnamon are our favorites. It's also a product of St. Maarten.

Earlier this month I tried a Guavaberry Colada at Sunset Bar and Grill and DH had to finish it for me. It's just not my thing but it's a real St. Maarten souvenir or gift.

Is St Maarten known for anything specific as far as shopping goes? What are the best souvenirs to look for and/or what are the best buys? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We liked the flea Market and the down town shopping.

All kinds of souvenirs.