Princess time vs Port time

pudy68

I'm reading in the Port of Call board that Princess keeps the ship times matched to port times? Is this accurate?

I'm doing the Mex Riviera in Feb 2006 (Sapphire) and I am a bit confused on booking excursions on my own simply because of the time issues. Don't wanna be left behind, right ?!!!!!;)

Thank you VERY much for helping me with this issue!

Every cruise I've been on (so far, on four continents), Princess changes the ship's clocks to match the local/port time. There'll be a notice in the Princess Patter the night before a time change and a notice will be left on your pillow. They are very careful that you know what time it is and change your clock accordingly.

Hi Pam! Thanks for answering - I notice you are always johnny-on-the-spot to alot of my postings!:D

I understand that the times will be in the Patters, but I really just needed to know in advance so I could book some excursions on my own. I'd hate to book too early, or late, and face the consequences!:eek:

No we actually didn't match any times to any of the ports on the Sapphire. We left on Pacific time and I think then on the 2nd night you had the notice to go ahead one hour, which would be mountain time. P.V., Mazatlan and Cabo are all on Central time, so an hour earlier than the ship.

We had rented a private sailboat charter in P.V. and she warned us about the ship possibly being on a different time than P.V. so with a 9:30 a.m. charter we had to leave the ship by 8:15.

Now in Mazatlan our guide was on ship time. Our tour was for 9:30 so we got off the ship at 9:30 (10:30 Mazatlan time) and he was waiting for us.

We always just kept our watches on shiptime, that way you were sure not to miss.

Susan :)

I'm kind of glad the Sapphire doesn't change to Central time. It's going to to be bad enough in the span of 7 days flying from eastern to pacific, sailing to mountain back to pacific, and flying back to eastern. I'll be lucky not to be late for work on Monday LOL.

On the CB last month, the Fall-time changed back one hour in the States while the ship time stayed the same...on our way back to the States, we changed our clocks back one hour. On other cruises to the Caribbean, on RC we were told to keep the ships time only. I think Carnival did this too.

Archived