New pricing in Australia

Chris86

On the first of April Oceania repriced there sailings. Initially you had two choices one which included air and another which was cruise only. Now I didnt mind. However the cruise only option has since been eliminated. It also mentions the cruise only option is for us clients only.... hmm this is quite dissapointing. In most cases the flight difference is more than double what one can find. I simply wouldnt pay the asking fare for Oceania. Seems they no longer want Australians on their ships :(

We are in the US and can get the Life package but get a credit for the airfare. Check on that option.

and when it comes to the air fare you can split it....like one way to or one way from Example : Tahiti

I take 1/2 of the air credit as the ship sails from LAX and I can get to LA very cheap BUT I take the Tahiti lax portion of the air... Its a mix and match

Australia has funny rules and taxes for a whole lot of things....

Thankyou,

Well now its even more confusing. They have changed the site again. This time in the search from price displays the entry level 'cruise only price'. For example

canada new england from 1950pp. Then you go into the cruise detail and only the Olife price display from 4950pp (entry level including the flights etc). The bottom of the page has now ommitted that cruise only prices are for US clients only and the following inserted. "*Cruise-Only Fares (without OLife amenities) and Reduced Single Supplements are not available for purchase online. These fares are only available for purchase by calling our Contact Centre."

You would think they would have this sorted before going public. I think I'll just wait this one out. Otherwise I'll be finding myself a US agent.

Cheers,

Thankyou,

Well now its even more confusing. They have changed the site again. This time in the search from price displays the entry level 'cruise only price'. For example

canada new england from 1950pp. Then you go into the cruise detail and only the Olife price display from 4950pp (entry level including the flights etc). The bottom of the page has now ommitted that cruise only prices are for US clients only and the following inserted. "*Cruise-Only Fares (without OLife amenities) and Reduced Single Supplements are not available for purchase online. These fares are only available for purchase by calling our Contact Centre."

You would think they would have this sorted before going public. I think I'll just wait this one out. Otherwise I'll be finding myself a US agent.

Cheers,

This sounds like a Australian agent protection racket... to control the market. If some how you bough a ticket from a US agent ( which you could only do if you reside in the US) on arrival at the pier you ticket could be revoked and you denied boarding because of fraudulent purchase.... Jim and Stan are most correct... don't

This sounds like a Australian agent protection racket... to control the market. If some how you bough a ticket from a US agent ( which you could only do if you reside in the US) on arrival at the pier you ticket could be revoked and you denied boarding because of fraudulent purchase.... Jim and Stan are most correct... don't

Lol thats ok Jim and Stan. Im a dual citizen and reside in both country's. No issue for me. Whoever offers the best option/deal. Well good news is the cruise only price has returned so looks like only issues with the site.

I look forward to booking in both countries.

Cheers

Chris

As another Australian I have found the changes very difficult to get my head around. I rang Oceania Monday to find out more and the agent was pretty confused as well so that wasn't a great help to either of us. :confused:

This may interest fellow Aussies:-

I rang back again today and asked all my queries related to a cruise I had already booked for 2018. (All Australian bookings include gratuities)

The price we booked was $8410 pp. This included internet, O-Life (we took $600 OBC) and a bonus wave credit of $250

New fares:

- Cruise only $8010

- Fly/cruise, internet and O-Life $10,990

- and when I asked for a quote on the cruise, internet and O-Life only with no flights to bring it to the same as ours - it came to $8,410

So the same as it the original price but without the bonus wave credit.

Effectively with this particular cruise there has been no change - but the O airfare is pretty expensive

Great, this is how I understand everything now aswell. I understand the $250 wave credit was a early bird bonus. Which is now omitted.

Good to see we have the choice between. All inclusive, Olife only and cruise only. Keeps it flexible to meet everyone's needs.

I agree airfares are x2 to x2.5 the cost one can find individually.

Great, this is how I understand everything now aswell. I understand the $250 wave credit was a early bird bonus. Which is now omitted.

Good to see we have the choice between. All inclusive, Olife only and cruise only. Keeps it flexible to meet everyone's needs.

I agree airfares are x2 to x2.5 the cost one can find individually.

Yes - agreed, Now the figures have been clarified and there is no effective change I'm happy again. I was getting a bit grouchy with Oceania.