Reflection March 25th, 2017 Western Caribbean

bill0021

Hi All,

I get so much info from this site so feel like I have to give back.

Outside Cabin:

We tried an outside cabin instead of veranda. The cabin itself is the same as a veranda or concierge veranda. The difference of course is you can not go outside and are are lower, deck 3. I figured we are almost never in the room. That being said, I still prefer a balcony even if only for the port arrivals / departures.

Food:

Main Dining; We had Select Dining, and ate in three different areas. One area, the waiter was OK but the assistant waiter was border line rude. The other two areas, excellent service. The food was very good. I will say again the food was very good, but my wife really did not like the everyday available chicken breast. One of the nights nothing tickled my fancy so I had the filet for any extra $19 (I think), Excellent. The everyday available French Onion Soup was also a favorite of mine.

Murano: Delish. We were a group of 4 and all loved our meals. This is the "fancier" of the the specialty restos.

Lawn Grill: Our favorite. It is outside, well stocked salad bar, excellent cuts of meat that you can choose, skewers of veggies, chicken, seafood, a well stocked salad bar, and flatbread aka pizza. BBQ Chicken flatbread yum, and did I mention the hot cookie? Decadent.

Ocean View Cafe: There is enough variety that I do not understand how one could not find something they like for lunch or breakfast. It is good food and a good variety.

Mast Grill: Burgers are good, fries are good, you can get grilled mushrooms, onions and all the fixings. Where was the vanilla ice cream? All strawberry and chocolate all week. Vanilla is the #1 flavour. tsk, tsk. You can however go to the Ocean View Cafe and get all the vanilla you want and burn an extra 5 calories getting there.

Activities and Shows:

Lots to do. The shows were good. I did read from another poster that some of the musical production story lines were a bit hard to follow and agree but still good. The comedians were good, the singers were good (who does not like the music of Queen?) The silent disco was a hoot. We did it in the Sky Bar and in the Solarium at Night. A good time and a good show. The standards were there as well, disco party, marriage show, poolside games, etc.... What I always want to do but never do is to play some lawn games, still just did not get around to it.

Poolside: All ships I have every been on are crowded on sea days. I find this one just a bit more crowded and the pools are super busy, more than other ships. On the flip side, I like the party like atmosphere and if you want a quieter venue, head to the bow area, Solstice Deck, Solarium. Sea Days, most chairs are scooped up early. We saw chairs not being used but reserved for hours upon hours. Admittedly, we will leave our stuff there when we go to lunch, but if more than that we move out and always bring the towels to the bin so people know the chairs are free. Being lazy and leaving your towels when you are done, why?

Ports: This is not a port thread but quickly. Cozumel we headed to Mr. Sanchos Resort, we liked it. Cayman: Snorkel and Swim with the Stingrays. With 6 ships in port, just too many people. Our catamaran sail boat was over crowded. They put up the sails but more for show as the engines are running (this seems to be standard). I think this is one of those things you do once and it is cool but once is enough. The crew tried and were nice but just too many people. Falmouth: We walked around the security shopping area for 20 mins and made it a ship day. Labadee: A nice beach day.

My experience with the crew: 98% awesome, 2% not so much. My experience with other guests: 70% awesome, 30% not so much. Crew wins.

Coffee: Subjective but I think Celebrity has very good regular coffee. I like coffee so that is a plus to be able to get easily without going to the specialty cafe. We had a beverage package that had the speciality coffee included but other than a expresso or a latté, the Ocean View's Coffee was good.

Mixed Drinks: They do not measure so if you prefer rocket fuel, just ask and they will be more than happy to accommodate. I found the beer to be just as good as anywhere else:D.

So did I like the cruise and ship. A+