I just asked about a discount...

ashlyndalesmommy

I just called Carnival (7:25 pm eastern on Friday night). She said discount right now is for military, USPS, FED EX, UPS workers, etc. I told her we are just 2 school teachers and a 5 year old...:p She suggested calling back every week and a half to every 2 weeks. There should be something from the discount or upgrade fairy before our cruise. She then said that our price has gone up $110 since we booked!!! :eek: WOW!!! I feel fortunate that I booked when I did!!!

you can always check the price yourself by going to carnivals site--click on funships... celebration then scroll to the bottom and click onthe sailing you are headed for. then go to the next page and make believe you are booking a cruise for the week you are going. (remember the price you see on carnival does not include government taxes)

That's one reason why it pays to use a travel agent. I booked a cruise for February and am going with my son, mother, sister, nephew and niece. We were getting connecting balcony staterooms with my mother sharing a cabin with us and my sister and her kids next door. My TA put my mother in with my niece and nephew and my sister in with me because Carnival had a Senior Citizen discount and a New Jersey resident discount. My son and I live in New Jersey and the rest of the group lives in New Hampshire. My sister was able to take advantage of the Senior Citizen discount because she was sharing the cabin with my mother and her kids were able to take advantage of the New Jersey resdient discount because they were in my cabin. Once we get on the ship, we can move everyone around, but it saved a lot of money. We had planned the trip without my mother and were going to have a balcony with an inside cabin across the hall for the kids. We added my mother, changed to two balconies and are only paying a little more. Carnival doesn't tell you about the discounts available, so it pays to use a TA.

That's one reason why it pays to use a travel agent...Carnival doesn't tell you about the discounts available, so it pays to use a TA.

You are just fortunate and have a really good TA that you are happy with. I have had nice TA's in the past, but no one that went over and above to find me discounts or even fill me in on what these guarantee rooms are that are subject to the upgrade fairy.

I have learned a lot by going directly through Carnvial (and of course CC has been a huge resource of information!!! Thanks everyone!!) I have been very happy with using Carnival directly. I call them as often as it pops in to my mind to check on sales/discounts (I don't mind doing this at all - I love making travel arrangements - so it isn't a burden to me at all) Everyone that has ever helped me on the phone at CCL has been very friendly and helpful!! Asking all kinds of questions pertaining to any of the sales/discounts that they are offering at the moment, to see what they can do for me. They have told me to call any time, I wouldn't be bothering anyone!

I have rec'd $40 in discounts so far - that's not a lot, but it will cover a few drinks ;) And I was told too that if the price would drop even after final payment, I would get onboard credit for the discount amount. I know that some TA's do that as well, I just haven't been that fortunate.

But I too feel fortunate to have booked when I did!! We got a great deal - especially for Spring Break!! :D

I am also located in NH and I will only use the PVP's from carnival and have had nothing but great luck with them I get great Military discounts upgrades and service. I have recommended many people to cruise and I suggest that they call Carnival direct. I have found if you treat them as if they were your personal TA they in turn treat you like a great customer. I have called back a few months after booking and the last time she said please sit down as we are taking 400.00 off! The rate changed, and I did not even call about that I was calling for a different reason. Just an example December cruise Myself, wife and 28 y/o daughter Cat 8E for under 500 PP. Call Carnival just my opinion.

WoW!! $400!! The Carnival PVPs have been very nice when I have called with questions (before I discovered this board!;) )She said we'd get whatever discount was available if anyone qualifies for their promotion at the time you call. That's why she suggests calling often. I can't imagine working with a TA. The PVPs have been great. Not pushy at all. Very helpful.

you can always check the price yourself by going to carnivals site--click on funships... celebration then scroll to the bottom and click onthe sailing you are headed for. then go to the next page and make believe you are booking a cruise for the week you are going. (remember the price you see on carnival does not include government taxes)
You're right. But why do that when you can call and they can tell you if they have a discount available right now that is not advertised on the website? :)

Archived