Odyssey 3/11/17-3/25/17 Part 2

NoVa Mimi

Our cabin was 506 and it was just fine for the two of us. Plenty of storage and sufficient space for two. Our Stewardess, Kristina, was delightful. Any request we had was promptly addressed. We had fresh fruit and chocolate covered strawberries every afternoon.

We dined at either the Collonade or the Patio. Both were great and there was only one meal we were less than thrilled with. It was an authentic Japanese dinner we had in the Collonade. I am sure the food was very good, just not quite what we are accustomed to.

Service in all areas was excellent! Yes, I was very pleasantly surprised at how everyone knew our names so quickly. Very nice and so special. I was told that the crew learned the names by studying our pictures that taken at embarkation. They are tested on the second day and if they get less than 50% correct, they must retake the test.

I have read posts complaining about Seabourn and how much they have changed. I cannot speak for what they used to be like, but I can say that without a doubt, this was the nicest ship with the best crew we have ever had the pleasure of sailing on and with. The entire ship was very clean, no signs of wear and such and when it goes into dry dock, all carpeting, linens, etc. would be replaced and is done so yearly. I just could not think of one complaint or anything at all we could fault the entire two weeks we were onboard.

The day following embarkation was the beach BBQ at Carambola beach. It was such a perfect day:) The food was fabulous. I have never seen lobsters that large!

More to come...