11-Day Tahiti Cruise - Fakarava / Rangiroa Excursions

ElaineJC

We are hoping to book the Fakarava Blue Lagoon and Rangiroa Drift Snorkeling excursions for the 11-day Tahiti cruise in May, but when we recently checked online it said they were no longer available. When I called Windstar, they said the excursions were probably booked. This is six weeks before the cruise, and we are very disappointed if we are unable to participate in these excursions. Has anyone had this experience, or know if we'll have an opportunity to sign up for these excursions once we're on the ship? Also, does anyone know what company provides the excursions? We are desperately hoping to participate in these two excursions which is why we selected the 11-day Tahiti itinerary.

We are sailing on the May 14th 11 day cruise and also found out the the Fakarava Blue Lagoon excursion was booked. I have arranged an excursion with a private tour operator. I posted on the Roll Call for this cruise and there are 5 of us that are signed up. The boat takes 14 and the operator really would prefer a minimum of 8 passengers. If you are interested, send email to fakaravaexplorer.com. He has good reviews on TripAdvisor and Cruise Critic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the May 14th 11 day cruise and also found out the the Fakarava Blue Lagoon excursion was booked. I have arranged an excursion with a private tour operator. I posted on the Roll Call for this cruise and there are 5 of us that are signed up. The boat takes 14 and the operator really would prefer a minimum of 8 passengers. If you are interested, send email to fakaravaexplorer.com. He has good reviews on TripAdvisor and Cruise Critic.

I contacted another company, Fakarava Excursions. They turned out to be the tour operator for the Windstar excursion and told me that booking was only through Windstar.

Hello - Thanks for the reply! We sent a note to fakaravaexplorer last night to say we are interested in the Blue Lagoon tour on May 16. That will be 2 more on the list. So hopefully there will be a couple more people interested and we'll all be able to do this tour.

Edited by ElaineJC

Hello - Thanks for the reply! We sent a note to fakaravaexplorer last night to say we are interested in the Blue Lagoon tour on May 16. That will be 2 more on the list. So hopefully there will be a couple more people interested and we'll all be able to do this tour.

Great. Post here once you hear back.

Great. Post here once you hear back.

I heard back from Ato last night, so he's aware that we're interested in the May 16 Blue Lagoon snorkeling tour too. He mentioned full day for $105USD. It might be a little tight time-wise if we do the full day, though.

I heard back from Ato last night, so he's aware that we're interested in the May 16 Blue Lagoon snorkeling tour too. He mentioned full day for $105USD. It might be a little tight time-wise if we do the full day, though.

We have told him we wanted to do the half day, but we are open to either.

• 3 weeks later...