New and Confussed - Dresscodes

VABeach

Wow, Thank you so much for all of the friendly replys! I can tell already that I am going to have a great time. If everyone one the ship is as friendly as the people on this board, this could be my best cruise yet. :)

It is really refreshing to be going on a cruise this time with someone who's willing to go buy a few things this time rather than just complain and complain about the dress codes. :rolleyes:

Near my house is a Cato, and they had women's summer clothing on clearance. I bought a pair of slacks for $1.99 that I wore on informal night!

Oh, Thank God you said that ... and it's not just me. I got two really nice pair of pants before my last cruise at KMart. They were having a clearance too ... and they were about the same price. They were perfectly fine for casual nights in the dining room. My problem was that all of my pants were jeans ... because that is what I generally wear to work (night shift in a computer center). When I was getting ready for my last cruise it dawned on me that all I had were jeans, and that jeans were not normally considered proper attire on any night in the dining room (this was Princess). I wasn't about to spend a lot of money on clothes that I wouldn't wear in my "normal" life, so the $1.99 price was a real blessing.

I plan to hit the Kmart again in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, there will be more good stuff on clearance. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Hey Jenny,

Another suggestion for "building up" your friend's wardrobe is to check out thrift stores/consignment stores in your area.

My son does is in the entertainment business and I have picked up several tuxedos for him. A few cost $50.00 and the last one,(and the best one) I got for the grand sum of $15.00! I also picked up a black, lightweight wool suit for a friend's husband for $15.00. I know the brand and the store it came from and I estimate it retailed new for about $1,200. He also does not dress up very often and was very pleased with my buy! I picked up a few silk ties for $1.00 each.

For the cost of drycleaning it was quite a buy.

Now why couldn't I have found something for me??!!

Archived