A good place to meet on the Liberty??

I Luv Crusin

For our Liberty cruise next week, we are meeting at "The Stage" at the suggestion of Carnival on the second day of the cruise (a sea day). They are also going to open the bar for our group of 82 (and growing). I assume it is non-smoking, but have never bothered to ask.

Sounds like you plan on meeting CCers--I speak from experience, don't plan any sort of Meet and Mingle for the day of departure (CC also recommends this, but I didn't know it at the time). Attendance will be very spotty. People are still unpacking, trying to find their way around the ship, and won't show up. I learned this first hand when sailing on the O-dam last year. Our CC sail away party was poorly attended.

I understand your thoughts about people being busy unpacking etc after embarkation but some of us will be meeting at 7:00 the next morning for tours we've arranged on these boards. We need a chance to meet before that so we at least know who we're looking for while we're fighting jetlag and trying to wake up.

Come on Liberty cruisers......give us some ideas!

I don't know if this helps or not, but I recall after getting on board the ship, that John had a talk about Naples in the Venetian Palace. I think it was like 3:30 or 4:30 when he announced that.

There might be a chance that the venetian palace is open all day during embarkation. I didn't pay attention to that, as we were so tired after the 8.5 hour flight, and the Rome at a glance tour.

I suppose during embarkation you could go to the library, the piano bar, promenade or any of those places. I just know that the venetian palace is non-smoking.

Archived