Hiring a professional photographer on board.

b2dhx

My family will be traveling next week on the Sunshine. This will be a great opportunity for our first family portrait with both of our children and their spouses. Has anyone ever used this service on the ship? I am thinking the pictures can be taken on the upper decks and not just in the staged area before dinner. Does anyone have any information on the cost if available? Thanks in advance.

On our last trip on the Miracle we hired the professional photographer for a couples portrait session. The images were spectacular, lots of variety in locations all over the ship, he was well organized and put us at ease. Not cheap, we spent over $800 for the printed album and CD. Depends on the number of images you want to keep.

The private photographer sessions are very nice if trying to capture a special occasion, but not worth it for just family photos. We did the 45 minute Dream Studio shoot on the outside decks on the Vista. Though nice to have different backgrounds than the typical backdrops offered before dinner, it was quite a bit more expensive than the regular photos taken. The big difference being the photos from these session are not offered on the typical 8x10 prints, your choices are metal plates (starting at $150 each) and bound albums (starting at $675), with a digital download of all the photos to print yourself if you take certain packages.

We were hoping for a 16 x 20 on a canvas that we could hang in the den. I thought it would be neat to have the sea in the background. We will ask when we get on board. Thanks again.

I've been doing some research on this, as I'm planning on booking a session for our 10th anniversary on the Legend. The website says that prices vary from ship to ship, but they seem to vary from customer to customer as well. Do a search for "Dreams Studio" and you can read about the different experiences.

By all accounts, the photos are pricey but beautiful. Only YOU can determine if it is "worth it."

We were hoping for a 16 x 20 on a canvas that we could hang in the den. I thought it would be neat to have the sea in the background. We will ask when we get on board. Thanks again.

DW and I will be getting a canvas print done from one of the regular 8x10's they take of us on elegant night. We had quite a number done on Fascination and it was tough selecting only one or two. On Fascination you could get the canvas print done for $59.95 (if I remember correctly) and you get the 8x10 included in that price.

DH & I, over 16 CCL cruises, NEVER posed for photos - but for one time. Don't know why, just passed one of the spots on the way to dinner & caved. The guy was pretty good, but had us posed with DH on a stool to be above me, face to face, noses touching. We couldn't stop giggling. When we went back and looked for it we were astonished! It was in color & black & white and awesome! We liked the B&W better, so we bought it. Our.best.photo.ever. - everyone says so! And so random!

16473973_10212031546886943_5343176905084259521_n.jpg?oh=bd6a3c74042f9337d3d9137a6686bb8a&oe=598BEDD2