Just off Liberty...mini review and man overboard

Megan_Strick

Wow is all I can say. What a crazy trip.

I would like to start with my condolences to the family of the man who went overboard.

Other than that we had a great trip. It was my daughters senior year spring break. It was our last road trip together before she leaves for college. I think it was by far my best cruise. I will only hit on a few points since it was only a 3 day.

We were to be in Nassau from 10-5 but we spent 7 hours at sea looking for the passenger so we didn't arrive until 5 pm. We spent the night there and left at 2 pm the next day.

Cruise director: Donkey. I loved him so much. Best cruise director I've seen in 9 cruises. He was so fun and full of energy.

Food: Typical. Not bad and not great but I didn't have to cook it so who cares. I really wanted to try the seafood shack but with our weird schedule I couldn't work it in.

Room: We had an aft balcony. I've always heard great things about the aft balconies but I didn't really care for it. It was a looooooooong walk to get to the room. The vibration was terrible and lido was above us so we heard chairs moving all hours of the night. However, the balcony was awesome. It was much larger than a regular balcony. I was able to watch the spot lights from above while there were looking for the passenger. A little eerie. I think I will stick with mid-ship balconies. I prefer Lido but you don't know until you try it. Our steward was very friendly and always called us by name.

Atmosphere: It was so fun. We did bingo, shows, 80's trivia (my favorite), and other things. I guess it was my cruise partner that made it fun but we didn't go to bed for 1 am any of the 3 nights.

Check in: I don't think anyone was enforcing the staggered check in. No one ever asked about it and we were given zone 7 but maybe that is the way they do it. Who knows. When we were getting off at 9am and there were people already inside ready to board.

Overall we had a great time. This was my 9th cruise. Mostly 3 day cruises because we live so close to the port. It's just a great long weekend getaway.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I'd like to try an aft balcony once, but on a smaller ship. I assume I'd agree with your assessment. We have gotten too used to suites, so I think even after the kids stop cruising with us, we would get one for the two of us.

Sad for the man's wife...

Edited by spleenstomper