Canterbury Cathedral

loum140

The Cathedral's own tours don't run on Sundays but you should be able to still get an audio tour. The cathedral is also only open between 12.30-2.30 on Sundays, so you have limited time. Obviously, if you're attending a service you can go in earlier than that.

It will take you about an hour to two hours to get there by train from London.

We did a tour through Viator - Canterbury Cathedral, Leeds Castle and Dover. The pickup was at our London hotel. It was an excellent tour and we had enough time in Canterbury to tour the Cathedral and lunch at a nearby café. I didn't determine whether there were Sunday options for this tour.

https://www.viator.com/tours/London/Leeds-Castle-Canterbury-Cathedral-and-Dover/d737-3858EE022

I can't help much with their hours, but here's some information on their website about Sunday visits:

https://www.canterbury-cathedral.org/visit/information/opening-times-entry-charges/

I did a Golden Tours tour to the same places PNW Traveler did and loved it. Canterbury Cathedral is huge, so allow enough time to see it and don't expect to get the whole thing in one picture! The docents are very strict too. They wouldn't let us move around at one point because some group was saying a prayer. We had to stop, sit and be silent. Very unusual compared to all the other churches I've been in.

There are some neat shops in the little square right outside of the entrance that have very unique, hand-made items if you're interested in doing a little shopping. ;)