Objective Comparison

We have been exclusively RCCL cruisers. It was our first cruise and since then they have always been so good that we never looked elsewhere. However after many years of only Royal I have a bit of curiosity to see what others have to offer. I am not looking for anyone to tear down NCL and you obviously don't need to sell me on Royal but that said I am interested in some objective comparison for those who may have done both Royal and NCL on what each one may do better or worse than the other in your opinion. We will be traveling with a 5 and 3 year old as well. Looking at Getaway 7 day Western with NCL or sticking with Oasis class for the 4th time. We have done other classes but with boys 4 and 2 and this being only their 2nd cruise Oasis Class seems to fit that need best. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The Getaway is amazing. So beautiful. My favorite ship so far. Try something new. Your kids will have so much fun. It's very laid back but with a lot of fun activities onboard. Freestyle cruising. The rooms are very contemporary and very comfortable, especially the bathrooms. Small balconies. But the food is better then royal caribbean, more variety and no set dinner times.

We swore we would be loyal royals but after a few years of (in our opinion) gradually declining service/value decided to give some other options a try. NCL Escape was a good alternative to Royal, really impressed by Carnival Vista and looking forward to trying MSC Seaside, still like Royal but not longer feel it to be the clear "best" option.

In regards to NCL we thought the value for the $ was much better, room including drinks package cost less than comparable room on Freedom class never mind Oasis class.

Food was generally similar, we expected to miss the "main dining room" experience but found the free options and flexibility on Escape to be a nice change.

Shows were definitely not as good as Royal but we aren't big production show people so no big deal.

Water slides, ropes course, etc. were a nice alternative to the offerings on Royal/Oasis, whether they were more or better depends on what you would use and what ship you compare to. Harmony has slides. Oasis/Allure don't for example.

In general I would say the cruise experience was about the same, but the cost was lower so the value was better.