Key West Crazy Boat excursion

VaCruzers

Has anyone done this recently? A search revealed no info on this excursion offered thru RCCL. We have been to Key West many times & were looking for something we haven't done before & this was all I could find. Any info appreciated...any locals, can this be booked independently of the ship? I could find no info on booking on the web. Thanks much!!

The phone number of the Crazy Boat is listed as 305 292 9111 if you wish to call them for information direct from the horse's mouth. I can't vouch for anything about Crazy Boat. I am looking at a recent issue of "See Key West," one of those throw away tourist magazines they give you in Key West. It makes no mention of the Crazy BOat either in ads or editorilas.

Thanks for that phone number. I may just give it a try & I'll post what I learn here. We were in Key West in June 04 on Grandeur & I do remember talking with another passenger who had done this excursion & that she had enjoyed it, but I didn't get a lot of details at that time. It's almost like a "secret" excursion it's so hard to find anyone willing to talk about it. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one...LOL....Is it so much fun you don't want to share too much & overpopularize it, or does it leave you so traumatized that you can't even speak of it?

Thanks to both of you for your notes.

(I just noticed how badly I misspelled half the words in my original message. I'm not usually that disjointed.)

One comment I would make in reference to the mysteriousness of the Crazy Boat is that not all local boat cruises are offered all year long. Some don't sail in summer, but relocate further north where there is more demand. Others don't survive. There used to be a very relaxing Harbour History cruise that we really enjoyed, but it was discontinued due to lack of popularity.

The PT boat has been put up for sale, ending a fun evening cruise. One of the tall ships is leaving or maybe has already left. Diva Duck was not allowed to continue tours because another company claimed they had an "exclusive" right, but has successfully sued and won damages, but has not actually attempted to return to Key West.

Plus all the hurricanes have been very hard on local boat captains and the fishing industry here. I don't know if the Crazy Boat has fallen victim to any of this or if it just prefers to remain low key (in the Lower Keys.)

• 1 month later...

Hi I just found this thread. I have booked this Shore Excursion through RCCI as it was really one of the few things my son could do. He is so excited about it- did you ever go on it? Any info on it? Thanks!! We leave in 2 wks and want to make sure we'll be able to do it.

Just a follow up for those who posted to see if we took this excursion. We decided not to try the Crazy Boat this time because the kids really wanted to check out the Pirate Soul museum & go back to a couple places we had visited before. Also, our port time in Key West was reduced so we'd have had little time for anything else. As it turned out, I am glad we didn't plan a water related activity for Key West as it was in the mid 60's (nearly set a record for lowest high temp) on the day we were there - 12/22/05. It was plenty chilly in town & especially by the water so I don't think we'd have enjoyed getting wet that day. The snorkeling excursions were cancelled so perhaps this would have been as well. I think the temps were unusually cold because I have been snorkeling in Dec in Key West in the past & do not recall it being too cold. If anyone does take this excursion, please come back to post a review & let us know what you thought. Thanks!!

Archived