Shore Excursion Help

cmurchake

I'm thinking about booking an 11-day cruise that has 8 port stops. Because the cruise is so port heavy I thought about using the shore excursion credits as one of the promos. However, when I'm looking at the excursions Norwegian offers at these ports I'm a little baffled. Many ports don't even offer excursions? I'm looking on NCL.com under their Shore Excursions....

https://www.ncl.com/excursions

Oranjestad, Aruba - 0 excursions listed

Willemstad, Curacao - 0 excursions listed

Kralendijk, Bonaire - 0 excursions listed

St. George's, Grenada - 0 excursions listed

Bridgetown, Barbados - 0 excursions listed

Castries, St. Lucia - 0 excursions listed

Philipsburg, St Maarten - 0 excursions listed

Tortola, British Virgin Islands - 18 excursions listed

Am I missing something?

In case anyone is wondering, this is the voyage OP is refering to:

Norwegian Dawn - 11 Day Southern Caribbean

Next time, OP, help us out and provide that info.

It may be that excursions have not yet been secured for some of those ports.

Ones that are available are usually listed here:

https://www.ncl.com/excursions/print

The list you provided is the list I already looked at. It does not include nearly all of the ports.

I realize that by clicking on the link of the actual cruise may not show all excursions that will eventually become available for that particular cruise....but the NCL website looks like it doesn't even offer excursions at these ports. I can't imagine that is right

I don't know what else to tell you. NCL website support and IT leave much to be desired.

You may try making a mock booking and placing a courtesy hold and see if you're able to look at excursions that way. Otherwise, my guess is that NCL hasn't secured excursions for some of those ports yet, as stated above. In that case, they obviously wouldn't show up in the excursion system on NCL.com.

I am on this cruise and have done excursions through NCL at all of these ports aside from Bonaire. They will have many available at some point. The cruise is still 240 something days out.

The new shore excursion credit also includes the debarkation port, San Juan in this case, so As as solo traveler the shore excursion credit is quite a good deal for this long of an itinerary. Add on the Latitudes discount and it's a big savings.

I am on this cruise and have done excursions through NCL at all of these ports aside from Bonaire. They will have many available at some point. The cruise is still 240 something days out.

The new shore excursion credit also includes the debarkation port, San Juan in this case, so As as solo traveler the shore excursion credit is quite a good deal for this long of an itinerary. Add on the Latitudes discount and it's a big savings.

I figured people had done NCL excursions in these ports before, that's why it is odd they do not show up anywhere. I wanted to get an idea of what excursions were offered before I decided on excursion credits over dining.

My experience with NCL's website in regard to excursions is that sometimes they're there and sometimes they aren't. They seem to come and go and just because some are there it doesn't mean that's all of them. Keep checking back. :rolleyes:

Interesting....and frustrating! Thanks for the feedback

Interesting....and frustrating! Thanks for the feedback

Agreed! :D

I don't book excursions through the ship, so it doesn't impact me much. But, sometimes I take a look at the ship's offerings to see what's available if it's a new port for me and then I book independently. But, it's helpful if they're there! On one of my cruises last year the availability of excursions on the website was sporadic. They really need to improve their website!

Agreed! :D

I don't book excursions through the ship, so it doesn't impact me much. But, sometimes I take a look at the ship's offerings to see what's available if it's a new port for me and then I book independently. But, it's helpful if they're there! On one of my cruises last year the availability of excursions on the website was sporadic. They really need to improve their website!

I also thought about looking at what they had and then booking that independently so that I could choose dining (4 nights) as my 2nd promo, but between the $50 per port and latitudes discount I was hoping to see if it would be worth it to book through NCL