Is there parasailing in Costa Maya?

stacyinpa

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has done parasailing in Costa Maya? Our ship (VICTORY) was supposed to go to Cozumel, but we are now going to Costa Maya.

Ive been there once before, and we took a jeep bus-type thing as a tour. Not too impressed with it. We all want to try parasailing....never did that before. Anyone got any tips or advice?

Thank you so much...I love the planning part! :)

Stacy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didnt get a response from an email I sent to the link someone posted about parasailing. I read reviews that were not so good about the place too, and them not getting back to me makes me wonder about the outfit running it.

Besides the ruins and hanging out at the beach all day it doesnt seem like theres much for us to do there.....am I being mistaken?

I was hoping someone from that port (local) would be checking in here and offering some insite....like Sally did in Cozumel.

We want to parasail, since the ruins are out this trip.

Thank You-Stacy

There aren't any locals on this board like you'll see on the Cozumel board, mainly because this town is tiny, tiny, tiny compared to Cozumel, and Internet access isn't widely available.

For an idea of things to do, check out the official port site below, and click on Adventures

http://www.puertocostamaya.com/eng/mayagetaway.cfm

From what I've read, parasailing is offered along the main beach area in town, and isn't something you need to reserve ahead of time.

Hope that helps (a little) :)

Hey Mark ~

Thanks alot for the info. I had been searching and came up with not alot...lol

I see how Costa Maya is a small place and Coz is bigger...I didnt think of that.

Hopefully we will be able to do it - if not, oh well.....just happy to be cruisn'

Thanks again,

Stacy

We were just in Costa Maya last week. We did go to Tequila Beach. We were among the first off of the ship and head straight to the taxi area. There was a guy from Tequila Beach that sold us an all inclusive excursion. We paid $90 for use of the facilities, two horseback riding excursions and a snorkeling excursion. Free food and drinks included. There were people there parasailing while we were there, I think it was around $50.

The previous post was correct. They only recently have been able to get internet and cellular service there, so don't expect them to have the infrastructure to be responsive to you. Best bet would be to pick up the phone and call.

There were good shopping deals in Costa Maya. I picked up a $900+ pair of Alligator boots for $300. I'm sure I could have gotten them for less, but I was happy with the deal as offered. They even had some pretty good deals in the Port shops, some of them I should say.

The beach isn't the best at Tequila Beach, it looked nicer in town from the boat, but the place was hopping and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Archived