Sun 9/4/17 Southbound Alaska - All but Oceanview sold out?

gmazz

I have been looking at what is still available on our cruise and know that when I looked about a week or two ago we had all cabin categories open with many selections and when I went to look a few days ago all but the ocean views are available. I know that this is not the most popular time to go to Alaska so to me it seems odd. Even in the height of the season only 1 category is sold out on any given cruise on the Sun.

Anyone know anything about the sudden gobbling up on this cruise? Could it be...gulp...chartered??? :eek:

Thoughts....

• check in the mornings... they may show sold out in the afternoon and evenings when they are moving people around.
  • Alaska is popular now with Zika and unrest in the rest of the world.
  • are you looking at the cruise line's website? Other travel sites are the first to show a sellout, but they are slow to update their systems.

Thoughts....

• check in the mornings... they may show sold out in the afternoon and evenings when they are moving people around.
  • Alaska is popular now with Zika and unrest in the rest of the world.
  • are you looking at the cruise line's website? Other travel sites are the first to show a sellout, but they are slow to update their systems.

I have checked in the morning, afternoon and evening and during the week and on the weekend on NCL.com and 2 other sites (both big names) and they all show the same thing.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the TA portal and it's showing these are still available.

1 Owner's Suite

1 Aft Penthouse

3 Forward Penthouse

5 Mini suites

7+ Family inside

7+ Midship inside each in 3 categories.

With final payment coming due in a couple days a lot of people wait till the last minute to take advantage of sales and promos. NCL has been doing a major push for Alaska and it's definitely paying off. Alaska is one of the, if not THE, top selling itineraries right now.

To my knowledge there is no charter but there may be a lot of infinity groups going.

mishy79065 all but the balconies showed up about a week or so after I posted this. I thought it was pretty strange though that they all showed sold out for over a week. I was getting nervous but I guess I can breath a sigh of relief.

I just have to figure out my return flight thanks to Delta changing our departure time and we only have 28 minutes to change planes!