Belize & Roatan

lilbit

Can anyone tell us what is good to do in Belize 7 Roatan if you don't want to go on a ship excursion? Someone told us of a place in Roatan called Mick's or something like that. Someone else told us to take the water taxi in Belize to town or ??? Thanks!!

Your best source of information and reviews can be found on the "Ports of Call" section of these messageboards.

Click on "Boards" then scroll down to Ports of call and click on each individual one you have interest in. Theres a ton of information on these boards!

Have a ball researching, and have a great time on your cruise! :D

Edit note: I figured it might be easier if I included a link to each of the ones you asked about. So, I tried to attach them below, but they did not work! Sorry!

Can anyone tell us what is good to do in Belize 7 Roatan if you don't want to go on a ship excursion? Someone told us of a place in Roatan called Mick's or something like that. Someone else told us to take the water taxi in Belize to town or ??? Thanks!!

There are several things to do in Roatan. Checking the ports a call thread is an excellent way to figure out what is best for you. Salt and Peppers has gotten some great reviews in the past but we haven't tried it. Another option is to just get a driver at the pier and there will be several. They will take you to a beach, to the west end where there is a little shopping and things like that. The same driver will pick you up in the afternoon and bring you back to the ship. We have done this and it worked out well. I am not a strong supporter of Belize so am not the person to recommend anything. I have heard the rafting is wonderful. NMnita

The port of call boards are great advice - you can find anything you need to know. We did cave tubing in Belize -great fun!! While in Roatan we took some supplies to an orphanage and visited the children. When finished, their driver took us on a tour of the island. Both stops were very enjoyable, but you probably want to have something planned at each place - not much to do right at the dock.

Okay, I know I've pulled an all nighter working and my mind may be hazy... but isn't this the port of call board? I remember posting to this OP on another thread and actually told them to go to the ports of call board... and here they are... and here we are... is there another I'm missing?

Belize has fantastic Mayan ruins. I would highly suggest the Lamanai trip. Roatan is a water sports paradise. I went diving with subway water sports and had a blast. they also have other types of tours. There are also some fantastic beaches for hanging out and snorkling.

Belize - another vote for Lamanai - but this is one I would do as a ship excursion. It's a full day tour and the port is a tender port. We arrived back at the tender dock to catch the 2nd last tender. There are also water taxis out to Caye Caulker BUT you MUST be very careful to be back on time to catch a tender back to your ship.

Roatan - beach/watersports day or island tour or both - you can do this on your own or arrange something with a private tour group Definitely not a port where you need to take a ship excursion. We did a spa day at the Sante Wellness Spa and loved it - best massage I have every had.

Archived