NCL booking agent - yay or nay?

I booked my January 2018 cruise with an agent after putting a hold online for the date/cruise I wanted, then called in to confirm the reservation. Fast forward a month and I emailed the agent looking to change my cabin location (still within same category) and was told everything in the category (BF) is sold out. I know it's not because there's still plenty of bookings online available, including one of the cabins I asked for. Am I being unreasonable asking for a cabin move?

Should mention the reason for this: I'd like to have a room configuration with the bed closet to the balcony. We're traveling with our child and figure if we're going to be stuck in our stateroom for the evening, we'd at least like to have access to the balcony.

It could be that your travel agent books in a block and there isn't any more availability for that block. It's certainly fair to call and point out that the cabins are generally available and ask why the agent can't book them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should mention I booked with an NCL agent....

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

Do you have more than two people in the room? Sometimes if there are rooms available but the ship is close to capacity, they can't put triple or quadruple occupancy people into certain lifeboat zones, because there wouldn't be enough space on the lifeboat for that zone.

You booked directly with NCL. Can't you just cancel and rebook? Did you book with a promotion, 3rd pax free, that's not currently available?

Do a test booking and see if you can book 3 in the cabin and get the same promotion.

Yes... booked the 3rd free and UBP. Price is higher now than it was a month ago when we booked.

I think this is an interesting topic, as I am new to NCL.

I put a hold on a room the other day, and last night (as I was about to get on the website to place my deposit) I got an email from a PCC saying to give him a call and place my deposit through him. So, I figured what the heck, and gave him a call and placed my deposit.

Is there really any benefit to doing this? He doesn't seem to be all too responsive to emails/calls, but in his defense a new promo did just roll out today so I'm sure he is busy with new guests and current guests calling to price check.

In your experience, is there really any benefit to using these PCCs?

I think this is an interesting topic, as I am new to NCL.

I put a hold on a room the other day, and last night (as I was about to get on the website to place my deposit) I got an email from a PCC saying to give him a call and place my deposit through him. So, I figured what the heck, and gave him a call and placed my deposit.

Is there really any benefit to doing this? He doesn't seem to be all too responsive to emails/calls, but in his defense a new promo did just roll out today so I'm sure he is busy with new guests and current guests calling to price check.

In your experience, is there really any benefit to using these PCCs?

Absolutely. We call ours for everything. He responds quickly, lets us know of promos we might not otherwise have seen, and is able to help fix any errors or issues that might come up. For instance, we booked online yesterday. Somehow afterwards it showed my husband's name on the reservation twice, instead of my husband and son. We sent him an email and it was fixed in minutes. I can't imagine calling the main line, being on hold forever, trying to explain the issue, etc. Ours is very responsive and usually replies within minutes, or an hour at the most (assuming it's business hours.)