New Years on Constellation

mastone25

Hello All

We are cruising for our first time on Constellation Southern Caribbean leaving 12/31/05 from San Juan.

Anyone know - 1) will there be any special celebration for New Year's Eve on the ship? and 2) Is it true school's out for the first week of Jan in Puerto Rico so there are lots of families with children? Just curious - we are a couple (age 30) and i am wondering what the deomographic of fellow passengers will be . . . . no matter what i am sure it is going to be wonderful . ..

For New Years Eve there should be some type of deck party. Free Chapagne and a great time. We did New Years on the Century this year and had a great time.

Celebrity has neve been know for having an over abundance of kids. Besides they do a great job of keeping them hidden, don't worry.

You will be at the lower end of the age bracket. The average age for an X cruise is 55-60. I started cruising with them when I was 31. I've always had a great time and consider them my favorite line.

This is from the Puerto Rico Herald. Still looking to see waht the actual school break is...

Puerto Ricans typically observe all Catholic Holy Days in addition to U.S. national holidays. The Christmas. season dominates traditional celebrations:

Chistmas Season

Type: Christian/Secular

Date: Early December-January 6th

Observation: Celebrations begin in early December with parrandas, or caroling parties, featuring pasteles and asopao for refreshment. Nochebuena, Christmas Eve, includes mass followed by a feast that lasts into the wee hours of the morning. Traditional foods include spit-roasted pig (lechon asado), rice with pigeon peas arroz con gandules), coquito (rum and coconut milk), and special desserts such as rice pudding and coconut custard. Celebrants recuperate on Christmas Day, and in U.S. influenced homes, Santa visits the children. On December 28th, Dia de los Inocentes is celebrated. This holiday traditionally included the "kidnapping" of the first-born by friends dressed as Herod's soldiers; the children were ransomed for gifts and everyone celebrated in the town square with feasting and dancing. Today the day has become more like April Fool's combined with Halloween. Men dress as women, women dress as men, and practical jokes are popular. New Year's is celebrated by cleaning house from top to bottom and eatin g a grape at each stroke of midnight. On Dia de Reyes, January 6th, the three Kings visit homes in the dark of night, leaving gifts and treats for children. The season ends on the 9th with visits to friends and clean-up of Christmas decorations.

We were on the Connie this past New Year's. They had champagne and canapes set up around the pool. There was an ice sculpture of 2004 set up...they knocked the 4 over into the pool and set up the 5 at midnight. I think one of the highlights was that the crew was able to mix with the passengers before they went off to their own party.

We were on the Connie this past New Year's. They had champagne and canapes set up around the pool. There was an ice sculpture of 2004 set up...they knocked the 4 over into the pool and set up the 5 at midnight. I think one of the highlights was that the crew was able to mix with the passengers before they went off to their own party.

I read a review given by a passenger on your constellation cruise (New Years 2005) - i think I saw it on cruise addict - and the guy was going on about how the ship was full of children and neither the parents nor the crew did any thing to control them - i personally enjoy children very much but not if they are going wild - i think the guy may just not have liked kids very much but he acted like it ruined his experience - i am hoping he was just being unreasonable - what did you think about the kid situation on that cruise?

Chessbriar aka Rick,

That free champagne must have been good, it was the Galaxy you were on as I remember.

Rich

Rich,

It must have been good champagne, not only did I lose my M in champagne, but I flew from one ship to another. Yes, it was the Galaxy. Made some great friends I hope to sail with again some day.

Mastone25.... As I recall I believe there were a total of 40 kids on this cruise so just in terms of numbers they were pretty much invisible. Wild kids drive me as nuts as the next person but I never saw any issues with them. For myself, wife, son and his fiance this cruise was just this side of perfect.

Archived