Organizing a Murder Mystery planning

4774Papa

I have participated in a Murder Mystery where roll call members are assigned roles and at the end everyone tries to determine who is the murderer.

However, I have never organized a MM. I volunteered on our Eclipse TA this October. I haven't purchased the package, but it appears that the package costs about $50 on the internet and then I will have to print out legal sized on our printer about 150 pages, carry them on our trip to distribute to those participating.

My questions are:

1) Do I arrange with Celebrity prior to boarding the ship for a meeting place and time. I will need about 4 hours, probably broken up into two sessions?

2) Should I plan on having both sessions on the same day or two separate days?

3) The package and printing will cost me about $75, should I ask for contributions from the participants?

4) How do I select the individuals to fill the roles? We have a roll call with cc members volunteering to join. I have about 35 volunteers for about 20 spots.

5) Any other tips that might assist. Thanks

What fun. Maybe you can have people draw their role (participant, actor 1 etc.) That way you aren't held accountable if someone gets a role they don't like. If there are gender issues (i.e. some roles are definitely male, some definitely female, some either), you can separate them into those groups and people can draw from the appropriate bags. Wish I were on your cruise.

Beth