Black and white photography sitting

missthesea

Has anyone had a sitting for black and white family portraits onboard Celebrity ships? As the sitting is free, I'm tempted to try and have a portrait session when we are all relaxed and happy. I'm curious if you liked the photography, and how expensive the prints were.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone had a sitting for black and white family portraits onboard Celebrity ships? As the sitting is free, I'm tempted to try and have a portrait session when we are all relaxed and happy. I'm curious if you liked the photography, and how expensive the prints were.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My grown children, my parents, and myself all traveled together 5 years ago. We did a seating in black & white and it is one of my most cherished belongings. Here's a hint. Decide whether you want to be dressy or casual. If you want to do casual, dress everyone in white shirts and jeans. If you want dressy, dress everyone in black. When there are no competing or distracting colors, the pictures come out stunning. I can't speak to the price (although it is expensive), however, I do know that if the pre-packaged deal doesn't work for you, you can deal with them to customize a package. Talk to a supervisor if necessary.

When were on Equinox last summer, I had told my family that I was using our on-board credit to buy the photo gallery print and digital package (all the port photos, the various places around the ship each night etc.) as my main souveneir (my girls were 16 at the time). After getting kind of bored with the same poses at each location, on a bit of a whim, we had family photos taken in the Studio. Petar was a fabulous photographer. We told him we wanted some casual, perhaps even silly family photos. The next day when they were ready for viewing, the rest of the family didn't want to show up to view them, so it was just me. He turned on the tv, turned down the lights, played Adele in the background, and started the slide show. Well, by photo number 2, I was in tears. They were absolutely wonderful! I am not sure of the regular prices, but since I asked for no editing and the photo shoot had been only about 20 minutes (on our way to dinner), he put everything on a disc for $500. I think I got an amazing deal. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that all the photo digital images were in both black&white and colour too!

The quality of the photographs taken in the studio is very much superior to that taken by the ship's regular 'photographers', and I highly recommend seeing what they can do for you!