Surprise B2B on Sunshine

bjd2

My husband and I, and my sister are booked on the 8 night Sunshine 3/24/18 sailing. My sister has an interior near our Lido balcony. We have schemed and found both of our cabins available for the 5 night on 4/1. What a cool April fools for my husband to not go home that day!

We're booked and trying to think of the best way to surprise him. I have cleared the dates with his boss so their calendar shows the dates that he thinks he'll be gone, but the boss knows the real dates. He never has anything to do with the plans for flights or anything else that would let him know that he's not coming home when he thinks he is.

I'm thinking that since we normally pack our bags on the last evening either right before or after dinner, that we'll need to do something cool to let him know then. I don't think with all of the debarkation announcements that day that I could just "space" packing, lol.

Has anyone else surprised a cruise mate with a B2B? How did you spring it on them?

Thanks!

Maybe when you come back from dinner, have the cabin decorated for Bon Voyage and a bucket of bubbly. :D:bottle-pop: :champagne-toast:

That's a great idea! Thanks :D

I would make sure to talk to your room steward when you board so he doesn't inadvertently spill the beans, especially since you are staying in the same cabin. Good luck!

I thought about this too. I will work on doing this :)

How cool!!!! I'd have a seriously hard time keeping that secret!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Hahaha, it is going to be hard, but honestly harder than not telling him is not telling my daughter. She's 26 and the worst blabber mouth there is! I am fighting so badly to not tell her. I know I can't though if I want there to be any hope of keeping it a secret. I will have to tell her right as we're leaving though as she will be helping take care of our house and kitty.

• 1 month later...
Your Husband has an awesome Wife...:D

Awwwww, thanks! I love to do special things for him. He works very hard for us to have a great life.

Putting this back on top in hopes of any more surprise suggestions. I will need to figure out how to let our Steward know not to spill the beans by accident, but other than that I'm still not sure how we're going to let him know that we don't have to pack on the last evening.