Can I take the pics I bought on Conquest to Walgreen's to print out?

Sablerose

Can anyone else who has received a photo release from Carnival tell me if it limits you to only those type of souveniry-gift things on cups and mouse pads, or if it says you can actually make copies of the photos? I'd hate to get halfway through this "getting pictures made" process and then have it not work out.

Hey Sablerose,

Wife and I had some neat pictures taken on the Elation last January when they were still decked out for Christmas and wanted to use them for Christmas cards this year. I got the same release you got (except I went the e-mail route and got a 2 hour turn-around) and used it to get Christmas cards at Wally world. They accepted the release without question and I have my cards.

BTW - loved your Conquest review....what a talent you have for writing.

Rose, I don't work for Walgreens, but I am a manager at Wal-mart. The release thing is not to make customers mad, it is the law and it is to cover the people who are doing the reprints from getting sued or incurring large fines. This being said. A release is a release. It should not limit you to just souveniers type items. If a particular photo has been released to you, it is your to do whatever you wish.

I've NEVER had a problem at a Wal-Greens! They are always more than happy to copy my pictures (but usually no one is even around). As a matter of fact, until I read it on here after our 3rd cruise - I never knew it was "illegal" or unethical...whatever...

Of course, I never ask for help at Wal-Greens - I know how to use their little photo copy thing pretty well by now :)

Archived