Gift ideas

jst4fun715

My son and daughter-in-law are taking a Disney cruise (their first cruise) in January. I am going to try to get them some shipboard credit as a Christmas present but I would also like to do a bag of small items that are handy on a cruise...things they may not think of. They have an inside cabin, so I am getting them a night lite and a small travel alarm. Also, going to get a disposable underwater camera. If any of you have other ideas, or even something "fun", I would appreciate it. Thanks

Every care package should include sunblock, of course. Film or an extra memory card for digital always make a nice gift as they will be taking plenty of photos. We took bubbles for the farewell celebration but not too many folks had them and people seemed to be getting annoyed when they blew into their "space". I have seen "sea pass" wallets that folks wear around their necks. I personally have never used them on the cruises I've taken but you put your sea pass, a little cash, etc in it while you snorkel, swim, etc. Not sure where you buy them either.

What ports are they visiting? You could call the local tourism offices and get some brochures sent to you free of charge to give them ideas of what they may want to see when they are in those cities.

How long are they cruising? They may want to do Palos for brunch or dinner. There is a $10.00 surcharge for this awesome dining experience. It truly is food and service beyond what most folks experience. I'm not sure if this is something you can arrange prior to their departure.

Hope these ideas help...They will have a fabulous time!

That is sooooo sweet to send them something. What a special surprise. I thought that with the Palo idea, in case they aren't sure about it, or not sure if they get it, you could maybe put down a "credit" amount $$ gift for them to use as they wanted? Drinks, sovenigneers, excursions, tips, towards the huge bill at the end of the week? Probably just call the disneycruiseline, or if they have a travel agent handle it for you. Or Completely different idea: is going to the disney cruiseline web site, they have gifts listed and will send them to the cabin and take care of the whole thing for you, just pull up www.disneycruiseline and search gifts. You will find anything from wine, beer, pop, cake, balloons, beach toys, hats, towels, to pearl necklaces!:)

mky:D

Thanks for all the ideas. I am making up a cruise "survival" bag for them for Christmas including an underwater camera, sunscreen, Purel hand sanitizer, a night light and a few other things. I think I have decided to contact Disney and have some credit put on their account. Again, thanks to all of you.:D

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to you all that offered suggestions. I called Disney and was able to get them shipboard credit...also found out they had been upgraded 1 category and got a larger inside cabin, which they didn't know yet. I made up a bag with items I know I had used on my cruises...some things you don't think about, but come in handy...travel alarm and night light (since they will be in an inside cabin, sunscreen, clothes pins for hanging wet bathing suits, duct tape (according to DH, you never know when something will break:p ), etc. Then I made up a "certificate" showing they had shipboard credit. They were absolutely thrilled!! Thanks again for the ideas....it was a total success!:D

Archived