Prices of M825 Eastbound TA

I booked this eastbound crossing, for 6th July 2018, a few months ago and the price for a BZ balcony was approx. £1700 PP with $70 PP OBC.

I am flying out from the UK a few weeks prior to catching the ship so no transferes or parking are included.

I thought this price was a tad steep as the same crossing this year is only £1200 but as its a 40th anniversary treat I didn't mind the cost.

However since then some friends have said they would like to meet us in NY and join us for the crossing but on checking the current price I find it has risen to £2079 PP for a BZ which I feel is very steep.

Would anyone Know of any reason why the price would have risen so High or is it just corporate greed?

It cant be the exchange rate as that has been rising for a few months now.

I would also be interested if any of our American friends would let me know the price over there for the same crossing and cabin grade.

Thank you for any replies.

The base fare currently shown in the US on cunard.com for a BZ balcony on voyage M825 is $2,299.00 per person double occupancy with $40 OBC per person. The total fare per person after adding taxes, fees and port expenses is $2,374.76. This is for the voyage only. No flights, transfers, or other pre- or post-voyage arrangements are included. Hope this helps some.

Regards,

John