Urgent email delivered to cabin?

TLA

I thought I once saw on here that one could receive an urgent email,printed and delivered to cabin, if sent to the ship's address. I just looked in the Cruise Answer Book and found the telephone numbers for contacting passengers but not the email. Does anyone know if the ship's email address is still an option and what it is? I will be on the Star next week and want my pet sitter to be able to reach me if necessary, since I won't be checking my personal email.

Thanks!

I've recieved many emails, non urgent, all were delivered to our cabin. Cheers Jake;)

What was the e-mail these non-urgent e-mails were sent to? Is it the one that was listed in the previous e-mail? So you are saying that they won't freak if someone sends an e-mail that is somewhat important (to me) but not Life or Death important??? LOL.

If it's a really important message, I would not rely on a message sent to your cabin. I've had important messages not show up, and not so crucial ones delivered. I always have messages sent to both the ship, and my personal e-mail account. That way, you are sure to get it.

While we were on the Sapphire in June, I had left our grown children the ship's e-mail in case of emergency. Our granddaughter sent a "miss you" e-mail that we never saw...but when our son sent a "call home ASAP-important" message, it was delivered to our room. It was probably not received until a day later....but delivered none the less.

So...definately make sure the sender marks it as IMPORTANT.

Deb

The ship's communication center is not under any obligation to deliver a message that isn't immediate or important. Any email that would or should be sent through normal internet channels will most likely not be delivered. There are exceptions but if people use the ship's communication center instead of the internet, then this service will most likely be discontinued for everyone.

I've received messages in my cabin twice, each on different cruises. Once when my daughter was in the hospital and she wanted me to know that she was OK; the other alerting me that my Dad had been diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer and I needed to make arrangements to see him as soon as I returned. (I was able to make those arrangements while onboard and Princess helped me change my flights to get home sooner.) On the same cruise, an elderly lady who doesn't use the internet had given her son the Princess email address. She never received any messages.

The Communications Center won't freak out if your family sends you a non-urgent message. They probably won't deliver it and you shouldn't be upset if they don't.

Thank you everyone. I have given the email address to my pet sitter only to use in an emergency. I am not planning to check email so having an urgent email sent via the ship seems the better option.

Archived