Pom to fll airport baggage options

ba1967

Does anyone know of a service that collects bags at POM and transports to FLL. Cruise ending on a Sunday and flight not until Sunday night. Going to spend day playing in Miami but I do not want to keep up with bags.

Some cruise lines offer luggage express service which (for a fee) will transport your bags to the airport and check them with your airline. Availability depends upon the cruise line, the airline, and the airport.

You could rent a car, put the bags in the trunk, and explore Miami. Drop the car at FLL in the evening and check in for your flight.

Reportedly some of the hop-on/off bus companies will store your bags while touring.

The Savoy in South Beach reportedly will store your bags (for a fee) and sell you a day pass for their pool/spa/etc. for about $25 each.

Or pay a fee to store your bags at the Luggage Lounge in South Beach and explore on your own.

I'm debating this as well. NCL only offers one excursion with transport to FLL, an everglades tour. The problem is our flight isn't till almost 8pm and that excursion looks to be done around noon. FLL is not an airport I want to be sitting around in for that long. Right now I see two options. Option one, take the bus tour with transport to MIA and just grab an Uber to FLL. Option Two, rent a car for the day. But what to do if I rent a car? And what about parking fees around Miami and/or Ft. Lauderdale?

My earlier advice was based upon OP's request to explore Miami and what to do with his bags.

You could shuttle/Uber to the FLL airport and pay to store your bags there - then you are free to explore Fort Lauderdale. Hit the beach, wander Las Olas, ride the water taxi, etc. I still think a rental car for the day is the most economical option and gives you lots of flexibility to go and do what you want.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist info.

Hi! Found a place on 17th Street right outside the port that serves primarily Crew but also helps visitors with storing luggage. Crew Mail Services, it's called...Was only $5/ day/bag and what I liked is that we could just drop our bags and still spend some time in Fort Lauderdale. Was right there! Their closing time was originally a concern cause they appeared to close at 3:30pm but they accommodate later pickup times.. just saying! A good option.