Review preview- Oasis May 14-21

I am anxious to see pictures of your Falmouth excursion and to read details. I have been to many Caribbean islands but never Jamaica. I keep hearing such mixed reviews and I would appreciate your take. Have a wonderful time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lawstuff, I loved Jamaica and the Bamboo Beach Club excursion! Plenty of shade, food, and drinks! The people are so nice and our guides Saskia and Christine were great! They made the 1.5 hour ride enjoyable. I would definitely recommend the VIP Beach Day excursion! I would suggest bringing towels if you do it; there are padded mats on the beach loungers but they would have been a little more comfortable with a towel over the mats.

Hey Charlotte! :D

What cabin # will you be in? We're same type balcony on deck 12 in a few weeks.

Hotel at port canaveral?

Best breakfast on ship?

Item you wish you would've packed/not packed?

Hope you have a great time!

As mentioned previously, we were in 11190. I am so glad we were in a balcony cabin- I loved looking and being outside on the balcony, and our room was in a great location. Close to the elevators but not close enough to get the elevator traffic.

We actually stayed in Orlando, right outside of the airport, since we got in a day before the cruise. We used Go Port Canaveral for transportation from the hotel to the port, and from the port to the airport. It was the Holiday Inn Orlando Airport, and it was adequate. Not the nicest rooms, but it was ok for just one night.

Best breakfast depends on what your definition of "best" is. ;) We ordered room service (from the continental menu) and ate on the balcony while watching the sun rise a couple mornings; and ate at the Windjammer, Solarium Bistro, and the Main Dining Room the other mornings. Food-wise, the continental room service food was what you'd expect (bagels, cereal, etc.), and everything else was pretty standard buffet food. I enjoyed what I ate and don't have any complaints! I do wish we had gone to Johnny Rockets, I'm sure that would have been my favorite. My husband and I both enjoyed the food in the Solarium, but the room service on the balcony was amazing as well! Not sure if that answers your question, haha.

I'm pretty pleased with everything I packed, and I only had a few items that I didn't end up wearing! I would definitely recommend bringing magnetic hooks. We used all of ours every day! Really the only thing I wish I had brought was a case of water to keep in the room. I drink a lot of water, and although there were refill stations at various spots on the boat, with as hot and humid as it was, that's something that would have been useful for me. Thankfully, we had some extra bottles from our Haiti excursion so I carried those with me the rest of the week. It can be tricky bringing a case of water if you're flying in (like we did), but if you can make it work, it's a great idea.

Please let me know on what day they will offer drink cards onboard.

I have two teens age 12 and 15. Can they be in the same teen program: 12-14? Thank you so much in advance! Our trip is in July.

Travelmoon,

Drink cards were being offered on Thursday of our cruise. Unfortunately, I did not find out about the teen program.

I am on the Oasis Sept. 3 Western Caribbean, also in an ocean view balcony on deck 11. In addition, I have booked the snorkeling excursion with Cozumel H2O. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

nyllrap,

We LOVED the snorkeling with Cozumel H2O- it was relaxing and so much fun and our guide, Miguel, was awesome! I am sure you will love it as well! Be sure to apply a lot of sunscreen on your back if you do not wear a t-shirt, and take some Dramamine, even if you don't normally experience motion sickness!

Lawstuff, I loved Jamaica and the Bamboo Beach Club excursion! Plenty of shade, food, and drinks! The people are so nice and our guides Saskia and Christine were great! They made the 1.5 hour ride enjoyable. I would definitely recommend the VIP Beach Day excursion! I would suggest bringing towels if you do it; there are padded mats on the beach loungers but they would have been a little more comfortable with a towel over the mats.

Thank you so much for your feedback! Glad you had a great trip!