Review preview- Oasis May 14-21

Hello all!

I was going to wait another day or two before posting this, but I am just too anxious and excited!

My husband and I will be leaving Saturday for our Western Caribbean cruise on Oasis (May 14-21), and because Cruise Critic has been so helpful to me in the preparation and planning of the trip, I want to try to do the same for others!

With that being said, we did not purchase an internet package, so I will not be doing a live review- maybe on a future cruise, but since this is our first cruise and vacation of this length in quite some time, we are looking forward to being disconnected while we experience the ship, the ports, and everything else.

However, I wanted to put out there that I am planning on doing a recap/review when we get back, so feel free to follow along now and I will update more later! For the time being, does anyone have any advance requests about pictures they would like me to take, or anything else I can answer when I come back?

From now until Saturday, I will keep track of what people want to see/questions I can try to answer, and I will do my absolute best to get to as many as possible so I can hopefully be a help to other cruisers!

A little more information that may be helpful to know before giving me ideas/asking questions...

- We have not booked any specialty dining, and as of right now we are planning on sticking with our dinner reservations in the MDR each evening (My Time Dining), and taking advantage of the other complimentary dining options for breakfasts and lunches on the ship.

- We have not purchased a drink package (neither of us drink enough soda or alcohol to justify the cost).

- In Labadee, we've booked an over-the-water cabana at Nellie's Beach.

- In Falmouth, we've booked the Bamboo Beach Club VIP Package excursion.

- In Cozumel, we've booked an independent snorkeling excursion with Cozumel H2O. (http://www.cozumelh2o.com/tours/cozumel-snorkeling-tours/)

- Our stateroom is a Superior Ocean View with Balcony on Deck 11.

- For entertainment, we've booked Oasis of Dreams, Cats (for husband), and the comedy show. Looking forward to additional options once on board!

If there's any other information that may be helpful, let me know, otherwise comment away and I will start making my list! *Depending on how many responses I get, I may not be able to get to every one, but I will sure try!*

I am anxious to see pictures of your Falmouth excursion and to read details. I have been to many Caribbean islands but never Jamaica. I keep hearing such mixed reviews and I would appreciate your take. Have a wonderful time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Charlotte! :D

What cabin # will you be in? We're same type balcony on deck 12 in a few weeks.

Hotel at port canaveral?

Best breakfast on ship?

Item you wish you would've packed/not packed?

Hope you have a great time!

Please let me know on what day they will offer drink cards onboard.

I have two teens age 12 and 15. Can they be in the same teen program: 12-14? Thank you so much in advance! Our trip is in July.

I am on the Oasis Sept. 3 Western Caribbean, also in an ocean view balcony on deck 11. In addition, I have booked the snorkeling excursion with Cozumel H2O. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

I am anxious to see pictures of your Falmouth excursion and to read details. I have been to many Caribbean islands but never Jamaica. I keep hearing such mixed reviews and I would appreciate your take. Have a wonderful time!

We decided to just go for it despite the mixed reviews, I'll definitely share our take!

Hey Charlotte! :D

What cabin # will you be in? We're same type balcony on deck 12 in a few weeks.

Hotel at port canaveral?

Best breakfast on ship?

Item you wish you would've packed/not packed?

Hope you have a great time!

- 11190!

- I don't remember the hotel off the top of my head, so I've got it on my list to recap!

- I NEED breakfast to function for the rest of the day, so I will definitely talk about that!

- Got it on the list!

Thanks!!

Please let me know on what day they will offer drink cards onboard.

I have two teens age 12 and 15. Can they be in the same teen program: 12-14? Thank you so much in advance! Our trip is in July.

I've got the drink card question noted on my list! However, we don't have any kids so I can't guarantee that I will be able to provide the answer for the teen program. I'll post it if I find out though!

I will definitely be looking forward to your thoughts when you get back. Have a fabulous time! No specific questions from me but we will be on Oasis in October so will be interested in your general impressions.

Enjoy your cruise. We were on Allure last year and loved it. Me too in terms of wanting to be disconnected.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you return.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to check back in and let everyone know that we made it back today- what an amazing cruise! I cannot wait to share my thoughts on it. I will be starting a new thread for it this week- just wanted to let everyone know to be on the lookout for my post, and feel free to ask any questions once I've posted!

Edited by az_2_nc2013
additional notes