USVI Excursions via Harmony

Hello! This is my first post so I hope it's in the right place. I guess I'm asking more about the RCL type excursions rather than the ports themselves. If not, I apologize, and will repost somewhere else.

I'm looking for a second opinion on some excursions I'm looking at. I'm heading out on the Harmony of the Seas in a couple weeks, and it stops in St. Thomas & St. Kitts. I had been browsing some companies our agent sent along, but wasn't terribly impressed. I also looked at the RCI site to see what they had.

What I concluded is that, based on those options, I kind of just want to do the "historic tour and rum tasting" type activities at both stops. Is this crazy? They're in the $50-$60 range, so it's not that expensive. But is it something I can do on my own for much cheaper?

For reference, I live in Florida, so things like kayaking, snorkeling, etc. I can kind of do whenever I want are less appealing. I'm also pale enough to sometimes consider I am descended from dracula. Furthermore, I love a good drink.

So has anyone here done these before? Are they good? Should I just wander about on my own and take a bunch of pictures of cool old buildings and drink wherever I can find it? I've done self-guided walking tours in London and they were quite fun, but I haven't seen anything similar online for the caribbean.

Cheers!