Anyone Familiar with Best Western Beach Resort?

MEW1960

We've already booked it. I'ts on Collins Avenue in Miami Beach...but looks to be really close to South beach.

We weren't concerned about having anything fancy - just a decent place to stay the night before the cruise, but I wanted to be in an interesting area as we get in around mid afternoon and wanted to be able to get out and walk around.

They say they are right next to the boardwalk and it sounds like there is a lot to do there.

Is anyone familiar? Is the hotel at least decent? Is the area fun? Will it be a LONG ride to the port? They say it's only 4 miles.

we stayed there before our cruise on the voyager 2 years ago, it was clean and safe, had a great cont breakfast, it was within walking distance to the fountain bleu which is a beautiful place

its quite a walk to the art deco area

another couple on our crusie stayed at a palce up from ours and took the local bus to the port for a buck, we ugh paid 25 bucks for a cab

I have not been inside but from the outside it looks fine. The boardwalk is directly behind it, your within easy walking distance to a Carrabas (Italian) or Outback restaurants. The area is safe day and night. There's a bus stop out front that will take you the heart of SoBe or simply walk there(it's a ways but doable). ;)

Great - Thanks!

We didn't think we'd find anything spectacular at this late date and it being NY Eve weekend, but wanted to know a bit more about the resort and if it was ok from anyone who'd been there. We'll be so excited about the cruise the next day it probably won't matter but I'd like to have someplace to walk around and enjoy that night after we arrive.

Mary Elln,

I have read some posts on another board that they were happy with this hotel, nothing fancy but hey right on the beach!. There seems to be a good bus system so you can ride it to So Beach or even downtown. We just could not spend over $200 a night and this hotel seemed to fit for us.

We are booked here for 2 nights in January, will you please let us know when you return how the hotel was...Thanks so much.

Funcruiser

We've already booked it. I'ts on Collins Avenue in Miami Beach...but looks to be really close to South beach.

We weren't concerned about having anything fancy - just a decent place to stay the night before the cruise, but I wanted to be in an interesting area as we get in around mid afternoon and wanted to be able to get out and walk around.

It isn't that close to South Beach that you would want to walk because it is at least a mile to the northernmost section of South Beach. If you do walk, don't even think about the sidewalks as traffic is so busy in that area. Use the boardwalk.

The Outback is in the Holiday Inn in South Beach around 22nd and Collins(unless the Holiday Inn has already closed and the Outback has moved). Your hotel is around 43rd and Collins but you are very close to the Carrabbas.

You are in the Mid Beach or Millionaires Row section of Miami Beach. My most favorite restaurant The Forge is very close by.

Thanks again. Maybe we'll take a bus further down but as long as we have some place to get out and walk that is good - the first place they offered was a hotel at the airport and I didn't want to stay there all evening with nothing to do.

I looked up The Forge...it looks wonderful! Thanks for the tip!

Thanks again. Maybe we'll take a bus further down but as long as we have some place to get out and walk that is good - the first place they offered was a hotel at the airport and I didn't want to stay there all evening with nothing to do.

I looked up The Forge...it looks wonderful! Thanks for the tip!

Yes, take the bus! It is a fairly quick ride.

I love The Forge! They also one the nightclub JimmyZs next door if you are in the mood to boogie. Very possible to run into a celeb there. My husband and I ran into Don King (yikes!) celebrating his 70th birthday there a couple of years ago.

Archived