Lo-Carb options

KBC73

We are going on the Galaxy in April and I would like to know about lo-carb items.

My wife is on a lo-carb diet and I was wondering if Celebrity has lo-carb items on the menu. We were on Carnival in May and they had one appetizer and one entree that were lo-carb each night.

I have read that there are new menus coming out and was wondering if lo-carb items are identified or do you have to just take your chances.

Does Celebrity have a special menu for lo-carbs?

Kevin

Hi Kevin! We've sailed twice with Celebrity. Since I am diabetic, I am very very strict about a lo carb diet. I emailed Celebrity (there's a special address for dietary requests on their website) several months prior to our cruises & requested specific products that I use. For example, Hood's lo carb chocolate milk, Atkins bread & my favorite lo carb ice cream. I got a very nice reply advising me that these items would be on board for me. To my surprise, they actually were!!! I also spoke with our waiters & maitre d's the first night, & they were wonderful about looking out for my dietary needs. So, I wouldn't worry. Even on the regular menu, there will be plenty of choices for your wife, plus they will provide her with any reasonable request, especially if you ask the night before. Don't forget to ask for their wonderful berries for dessert with lo carb ice cream!!!

Have a wonderful time!

Lainie

Are you kidding!??? No, I know you are not. :-)

Breakfast for me would consist of:

Bacon, Omelets Or fried eggs, sausage and cheese.

Lunch would be something like:

The BEST ... Bacon Cheese Burger smothered with mushrooms and onions on a bed of lettuce and onion WITH mayo.

Dinner?

I start with shrimp cocktail and request horsradish and mayo dip,

Escargot in garlic butter, MEAT (usually steak or pork), Cesear Salsd and for dessert, a fancy coffee.

Life is good. :-)

Enjoy!

OH!

And on formal night they usually serve lobster...... lobster TAIL actually, so I double order the lobster and skip other things. YUMMY!

I've been at lo carb for about 3 years now...lost almost 100lbs...and even without any special requests I always find lots I can eat...I will admit I do stray a bit from the diet while cruising.... Hey, it's only 10 days out of 365 :D

Did I meantion I also walk at least 25 miles a week (13 min miles)...often 30-35 miles. The downfall of X cruise ships is the truly lousy walking/running track...not to meantion the boredom of going round and round and round and round....HAL has much better promanade deck...that makes the score, X 135, HAL 1 ;).

I would like to thank all who replied. My wife has been lo-carb for near two years and lost well over 50 pounds. She is concerned about the sauces used on the meats, so the suggestion to have them served on the side might work out best. The last cruise on Carnival she was able to order a diet cheesecake one night and she found some at the buffet the next day. Carnival also had lo carb rolls at dinner.

I know she will have a wonderful time and like Danno says it's only 10 days out of 365.

Kevin

Archived