I saw the Elbe River

Shebely

After years of reading threads about the Elbe river and the problems associated with trying to actually be on a ship that sails, I saw part of it as we were driving from Dresden Germany to Meissen. It is narrow and as they say, it is not much of a river. I even saw the Viking ship Beyla as it slowly navigated very close to the shore. Later we saw the Beyla as it was moored bear Dresden.

I was glad we were on a planned land tour rather than a inadvertent land tour.

After years of reading threads about the Elbe river and the problems associated with trying to actually be on a ship that sails, I saw part of it as we were driving from Dresden Germany to Meissen. It is narrow and as they say, it is not much of a river. I even saw the Viking ship Beyla as it slowly navigated very close to the shore. Later we saw the Beyla as it was moored bear Dresden.

I was glad we were on a planned land tour rather than a inadvertent land tour.

We were worried prior to our Elbe river cruise (we did it with Vantage), but I guess we were fortunate, we had no problems navigating the river and wouldn't hesitate to book that trip again in the future.

Cole

We were worried prior to our Elbe river cruise (we did it with Vantage), but I guess we were fortunate, we had no problems navigating the river and wouldn't hesitate to book that trip again in the future.

Cole

We had an excellent and memorable cruise along the Elbe onboard Viking Clara Schumann...

9364449736_0296fe291f_z.jpg

Here's a link to the review that I wrote...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/07/26/viking-clara-schumann-prague-to-berlin/

I particularly loved the excursion to the Bastei National Park...

9361673277_319b7eccb9_z.jpg