Tampa Westin Harbourside

travelplus

I was looking at rates for April 2018 before our Royal Caribbean Brilliance cruise from Tampa-Amsterdam. A lot of hotels were going for $300-$400 per night so I booked the Westin Harbour for $167 0.8 miles from the port with Free Shuttle within a 3 mile radius.

For the price and location and it being Spring Break and with conventions I think I got a good deal. Please let me know more about this hotel and how I did in terms of the price.

The Hotel will be undergoing renovations due to be completed by January 2018.

I'm from the area. I haven't stayed there but have heard from others it was a good hotel. They used Hotwire, and the rate was lower than you got but it wasn't spring break. Most hotels in that area go for at least $200 per night off season, except the Barrymore.

Barrymore is clean but certainly not as nice as the Westin, and their free shuttle only goes 2 miles.

You are in the Riverwalk area so you'll be close to many restaurants, and should be able to walk to many. It's a cute little area. If you are looking for a drink Sail Pavilion is a pretty spot right on the water. Jacksons is always nice for s drink, but I'm not overly impressed with the food (except Sunday brunch).

I've cruised out of Tampa only once, but I remember the embarkation being easy and quick. However, it was 20 years ago so things may be different now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums