Carnival Elation vs RC Majesty

seejanecruise

Good afternoon! I'm hoping y'all can help me decide on the best cruise for our situation. :)

We will be cruising with my parents and our two daughters in August. Our girls are 4-years and (in August) 9-months. We're on a tight budget, so we are looking at 3-5 day cruises. We are driving from VA, so don't want to go any further than Port Canaveral. All that said, these are the two we've found...

5-day, Carnival Elation from Jacksonville to Half Moon Cay and Nassau. Slightly cheaper, shorter drive.

4-day, RC Majesty of the Seas from Port Canaveral to CocoCay and Nassau. Little water park area for our 4-year-old.

The Carnival cruise seems like a better deal at a day longer for less money, but I've never cruised with kids, so I'm not sure which cruise line or ship would be better! I've actually never cruised on RC, so I don't have a point of reference there, but I've heard they're nicer...?

Thoughts? Opinions? Advice?

Greetings neighbor! I would post this on the Carnival and RCI boards, not the FLA departures board. You might also try the family cruise board for input on the quality of kids programs for both lines.

Have a great cruise! :)