Royal Romance Positives???

WinterEscape

My wedding is now less than two months away (1/7/06) on RCCL with Royal Romance. We chose this cruiseline because we have cruised with them several times before and were extremely pleased. In making this decision, we had to go with RR and now I have heard many terrible things about this company. So far, I have not really had any problems with them, but I keep reading all these negative posts and I am starting to get anxious.

I wanted to ask if anyone has any good feedback that might help calm my nerves a bit.

Thanks

Try not to worry too much. Even if there happen to be issues that come up, worrying won't change them. Just adjust the best you can. I'm just starting to plan, so I have only done a few email exchanges to get info and ask questions. Every reply has been in 24 hours or less. If you haven't had any terrible problems with them yet, maybe you never will.

Winter - Don't panic. I had some rocky moments with RR. But in the end, my wedding was wonderful.

But I will offer some advice -- double and triple check all the arrangements before you give the final approval. I found a few errors on my final bill -- nothing that would havev ruined my day, but I was very firm about getting them changed before I "signed" off.

I think you'll find that lots of brides had problems and communications issues in the planning stages. But nearly every review ends with positive comments about the actual wedding day. My experience was no exception. The staff that was there the day of my ceremony was professional, responsive and made it all run quite smoothly. And the onboard staff on Royal Caribbean was also wonderful. So try not worry and focus on enjoying your special day.

Planning a wedding isn't really in the details...except one...it's not the wedd ing that is really important...its the marriage..

Focus on the marriage and the wedding will be a fun celebration of the bon voyage of your life together.

Details of the flowers, music, setting.your hair....etc. etc. etc. are not critical to your life together. Enter your wedding and your marriage with flexibity and a sense of humor all of your memories will be happy.

Keep it simple...

And best wishes....

They did a great job on my daughter's wedding on the Sovereign on October 21st. Limo was on time to pick them up, everyone met in one area to get on the ship, took us to our rooms then took my daughter to get a drink and get her hair done. Wedding was set up wonderfully and the two coordinators arranged our gifts to the guests and watched over them (as well as looking after my 90 year old mom while I ran around). Cake was the best we've ever had! I agree with everyone, after dealing with a different rep every time we called, they did a great job for the ceremony and reception! Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them again.

Valerie

What others have said here is good advice; stay positive and hopefully if things haven't gone bad yet, you're in good shape. Focus on the marriage part more than the wedding and you'll come out much the happier.

I will take this opportunity as a PSA to others, you do not HAVE to use RR when doing a cruise weddding; I planned mine with wedding professionals in Key West on my own, without the "help" or "care" from RR (I use quotes, because help and care were not shown to me in my initial and last contacts with them - others may have had differing experiences).

Again, depends on location, circumstances, etc. but RR does not have an absolute monopoly, there are choices. It's a shame that RCCL and other lines don't offer more options, as a little more competition would be healthy.

LOL - one positive was that they refunded me $$ for things that were less than stellar at my wedding!!!!

However, the complaints usually center around their lack of accessability/un professional attitude or interaction/ lacsidasical appraoch to getting things correct the first time.

SO - if you are having a reasonable/good/great interaction with them then you need not worry.

The weddings turn out GREAT (from my own personal experience and from what I read here) It's the interaction that people tend to compain about.

Sounds like you are not having a stressfull time so everyhting will work out perfectly.

The things that Igot refunded for was half the wedding coordinator fee and half the hair appt.

The wedding coordinator fee because I had 2 WC's and they forgot the items that I was assured they would begin on board with them, and then proceeded to sit around, eat and drink, at the reception.

The hair appt because RR refused to rebook my hair appt, even though they were leaving me 45 minutes to touch p makeup and dress for my wedding.

The reason I am telling you this is beacuse nothing I got refunds for had any real impact on the wedding and reception.

Just make sure and double check RR on every item you request and things like the spelling of guest names, etc. And ask friends and family to be in charge of bringing items (extras) onto the ship that you want to include in the event.

(I covered my A$$ with my items by having 2 other people bring them in case RR forgot to bring them, so I was okay)

Your wedding and reception will be magically wonderfull and an event that no one will ever forget. As a past RR bride, I promise!

Thank you so much for all the feedback, it is helpful. I am doing my best to not worry. And, things just got a little easier. My future parents-in-law are actually on the VOS this week (they found a great deal and decided to cruise). Anyway, they went and met the wedding coordinators that will be there in January, saw the location right after the wedding and said everything was beautiful.

I definately am looking forward to the marriage...the wedding day is just icing on the cake :)

• 1 month later...

WinterEscape, Please, please, please post a review when you get back! I'm getting married on Feb 25th on Legend of the Seas. So far the planning with RR has been a good experience, but I fear something will go wrong in the end. I'm trying to be optimistic though!

Have a wonderful wedding!

Archived