The funniest river cruise story

steverhodes

So what was the funniest river cruise story of yours or of one you witnessed?

My favorite happened on our Viking River Cruise from Avingnon to Lyon. One group of travelers got delayed on the first leg of their trip over. While they made the connection, their bags didn't. It was 3 days before their bags finally caught up with them.

Now comes the funny part.

One woman felt that she had gotten really sweaty in the rush to catch the connecting plane so she asked Viking if they could send her clothes out to a local laundry to get the clothes laundered in a few hours with return before before dinner. Viking sent them out but the local laundry didn't get the clothes as back as promised. So far not too bad but ...

That was the only clothes she had. She had not packed anything extra in her carry on luggage. This meant she was left literally naked in her room.

So ... she pulled the sheet off the bed and wrapped it around her body toga style and went to dinner in only a sheet. When I first saw her at dinner, I did a classic doubletake and circled back to nonchalantly see if I really saw what I thought I saw. After dinner she told my wife and me the story.

In tribute to the woman's remarkable resilience in the face of adversity, the matri d wore a similar outfit the last night of our cruise in tribute to her.

Our tour director reminded everyone to leave out clothes to wear for the trip home. Seems some over zealous packers packed ALL their clothes and put the suitcase out at night so staff could load it for a morning transfer to the airport. Supposedly the person wore a bathrobe to the airport where they were reunited with their bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums