Portions of MDR Menu items

I thought that the meal size was reasonable, I managed a starter, main and pudding without feeling like I was about to explode. BUT the main courses seemed to be overly heavy on the meat and significantly lacking in vegetables.

Example, I had duck for main in the MDR one night. I was expecting a breast, not a 1/4 of a duck. It came with 2 small pieces of potato, 4 mange tout and 1 small floret of cauliflower.

I found myself craving green vege...

I thought that the meal size was reasonable, I managed a starter, main and pudding without feeling like I was about to explode. BUT the main courses seemed to be overly heavy on the meat and significantly lacking in vegetables.

Example, I had duck for main in the MDR one night. I was expecting a breast, not a 1/4 of a duck. It came with 2 small pieces of potato, 4 mange tout and 1 small floret of cauliflower.

I found myself craving green vege...

Was this on a cruise this year? I thought they had eliminated duck from the menus?

Was it good?

I love duck! If I see it on the menu, I'll remember to request a side of rice and a nice salad to go with it.

Was this on a cruise this year? I thought they had eliminated duck from the menus?

Was it good?

I love duck! If I see it on the menu, I'll remember to request a side of rice and a nice salad to go with it.

We came back last Saturday, so it was on the menu this month. :)

Not the best duck I've ever eaten, but far from the worst either. I prefer the breast on it's own and served a bit pink, so I thought it a little overcooked. But just a little, certainly not to the point of being dried out.