Can I move the beds my way?

estherhead

LOL, you don't know me. I have indeed moved furniture in a hotel. If it moves & I have a need, I'll do it. I just make sure to put it back properly before I leave. I've pushed things against walls to make more room and also to protect my sleeping babies (against a wall, they can't fall out of bed.) I've also gotten up at a restaurant after not being able to get a drink filled & filled my own and the server station. I'm kind of a self-serve girl. The upswing is, I rarely complain about bad service! One time we go terrible service, I went to the manager & asked if I could have a pitcher of water and some glasses. He said yes, I carried them to my table & gave the manager our food order myself! LOL! No tip at all that night.

So if I'm allowed I will. But I don't want to get my steward in trouble or mess up the balance of the ship! lol

Don't listen to Tef, he gets grouchy sometimes :) You can do whatever you darn well please in your room so long as you don't damage Carnival's Assets...

Speaking of "clutter-free". my sister-in-law just told me about this great website helping people to de-clutter. FlyLady.net: Your personal online coach to help you gain control of your house I just might have to join this little "club" and get some pointers!;)

Yes, me too. Thats why I was asking about the chair. When I was looking at the photo I was like, "Why is there a chair in that tiny room?" We have two small girls so they have to stay in our room (3&5.) On our last cruise we got a balcony and it was plenty roomy but this time we went for quanity (2 week vacation instead of one) and got the smallest room. I'm fine with that and we are all pretty small people, but even still. I'll be sleeping & getting 2 small girls ready in our room. Floor space will be very important. Sitting in a chair will not be. I'm not sure how we'll arrange everything, I just wanted to make sure we could do it our way. I'm kind of a clutter-free freak. One of those annoying people who make the bed as I get out of it. With four people in a tiny room, I'll need it arranged so it looks "clutter-less" to my eyes.

Also, Thanks for the photo whoever did that. It was very reassuring!

I've done flylady before! She is great. It was very helpful when my girls were babies and I was exhausted. It broke it all down into small pieces. I don't currently use her because I have no need, but her daily inspirational stories were always interesting and her reminders (especially about laundry) were priceless!

I just got off the Liberty last week. The beds were not on tracks and were completely moveable. I'm not saying they are not on tracks on some ships but I've never noticed that on any of the carnival ships I have sailed on.

Here is our experience.

My BF is 6'5. We asked for a category 4A but were upgraded to an inside cabin on deck 6 which turned out to be an inside wheelchair access cabin. When we first walked in we kind of freaked when we saw how small it was. It seemed smaller than most inside cabins I had stayed in previously and I wondered how anyone could manouever in a wheelchair in this room. The one plus was the bathroom which was huge to accomodate a wheelchair.

When we arrived we immediately started moving the beds around, and pushed them against the wall, and put both nightside tables together on the side of the bed that wasn't against the wall, to have as much space as possible. The cabin steward told us she needed at least six inches on the wall side to make the bed. So we said fine we would move them out 6 inches.

The beds were also light, as somewhere during this process, the BF lost his cell phone so he lifted the beds on their end to see if it had fallen under the bed.

In the cabin there was a chair, stool for the desk, and a small oval table. Somehow we found a spot for all of it. However since we had a big bathroom with a big sink countertop, all our shoes went into the bathroom under the sink, so the previous poster's idea of a hanging shoe tree is a good one, since it is unlikely your bathroom will be like this. Also don't forget an extension cord or power bar because there is only one useable plug in the room, as the lamps are on european plugs.

Keep in mind too, that when you are trying to unpack, and the suitcases are out, and everyone is grumpy from waiting in line for hours to get on board, you can be quite grumpy -- at least we were, and we didn't know how we would get along in a cabin this small. But once the empty suitcases were under the bed, and all our stuff had a home in the cabin, it was fine.

Since the BF and I just bought our first house together, now we know that we will have no trouble living in 1600 square feet, if we can survive that cabin - ha ha.

Would you attept to rearrange the furniture in any hotel that you would stay in?

Didn't think so.

There's your answer.

Actually, I have rearranted furniture in a hotel a few times, especially if I am staying there for more than a few days. I figure that it is my home away from home and as long as it is not a big pain in the butt, I'll rearrange it. I've done that on the cruises as well - you are there for a week, so might as well "have it your way." I've even torn down a wall to expand the room - just kidding.....

Actually, I have rearranted furniture in a hotel a few times, especially if I am staying there for more than a few days. I figure that it is my home away from home and as long as it is not a big pain in the butt, I'll rearrange it. I've done that on the cruises as well - you are there for a week, so might as well "have it your way." I've even torn down a wall to expand the room - just kidding.....

I believe you're entitled when you're at a hotel, so I assume the same would be true for a cruise. As long as there is no damage nor a safety issue, you do what makes you comfortable.

Last year I must have changed the beds around 3 times before I liked it. The cabin steward just smiled whenever he saw me. Sometimes there is just too much furniture (especially tables) for such a small space. Carnival usually does a good job, but other cruiselines often feel cramped to me.

I stayed at a resort once that had the airconditioning blowing right on my head. We moved the furniture and found alot of dust and food particles under the bed. I was delighted when the hotel manager gave us a free dinner because of the problem.

I also had to move a sofa and tv once because you couldn't see the tv. Sometimes I wonder where these interior decorators come from. What looks good isn't always the best design.

Archived