How easy is it to renew your passport?

I had pictures taken at a store, mailed things in and they came back unprocessed. The pictures didn't meet the requirements. Went to the post office, they did pictures and it sailed through. Post office employee who took pictures said they had to go through training to be allowed to do pictures. Obviously, the other place just gave a camera out with not enough training.

I would always do the post office!

As I indicated in my earlier response, the same thing happened to me when I had my photos taken at Walgreen. I was really ticked off as their advertising was passport photos. Had to use the P O personnel to take the proper and acceptable photos.

On our previous renewal, we submitted 2 photos per person but this time we only submitted one per instructions and received new passports in 2 weeks. We took our own photo and used the photo tool supplied in photo requirements. It looked much better than the one from Walgreens.

*Provide a Photo

Attach one photograph to the application. To avoid processing delays, be sure your photo meets all the photo requirements.

Please note:

• Staple the photo to the application. Please use 4 staples vertically in the corners as close to the outer edges as possible.
  • Do not bend the photo.

If you do not need to travel internationally for up to the next two months, then don't bother to pay for expediting when you submit. However, who knows what new travel restrictions (more vetting, or needing to request visas for more countries) so giving yourself plenty of time is a good idea.