Ship time vs. St. Thomas time

estherhead

We have booked Sunny Liston tours for the day we are in St. Thomas (Carnival Glory, Dec 10th) and he just e-mailed me asking what time we want picked up? He sais our choices were 8am, 9am, 10am: St. Thomas time. Our boat doesn't get in until 10am (according to the brochure) and I'm a bit frightened after this board about customs and getting off in a timely fashion. We are early people and would love to tell him 9am (which he says will be 10am ship time) but am concerned.

Are there any smart people out there who can clear this up for me. There are 13 of us so I have to put $100. down and be in charge of these 13 people. Would love to have hard info to tell everyone.

He is correct 9 A.M. St Thomas time will be 10 A.M. ships time.

Wether or not you will be able to get off the ship at that time will be dependant on that particular sailing. If your ship arrives on time and you clear customs quickly you probably still won't be off the ship much before 10:30. You are safer with a 10 O'clock pick-up I am afraid.

He is correct 9 A.M. St Thomas time will be 10 A.M. ships time.
Put *down* your crack pipe. :rolleyes:

More often than not, the ship will change it's clocks to be in synch with Atlantic Standard Time (local STT time).

Put *down* your crack pipe. :rolleyes:

More often than not, the ship will change it's clocks to be in synch with Atlantic Standard Time (local STT time).

Yeah your right Tef, Sonny made the whole thing up because it is good for business to confuse your clients. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've asked this question, and have seen it asked several other times. It goes back and forth. People say when they were on such and such ship they changed and others say they don't. And it's not as if it's only from any given port or ship or summer or winter. Others say that the tour operators know, but then I've had Joyce Prince on St. Maarten ask me, and others say their person asked them. I don't think there is an absolute answer.

Archived