San Juan Pier

scoruntt

There are piers that are located at Old San Juan and one can walk right off the ship and up the hill to wander around the old city.

However! If there is no room (and I recently experienced four cruise ships at these piers), than your ship has no other choice but to dock at the Panamerican pier and you will need to take a taxi around to Old San Juan.

Since Wilma wiped out many western Caribbean ports, the others got very busy and crouded.

One important tip...wash your hands often and as soon as you come back to ship. Our Golden Prince came down with the Norwood (?) virus after leaving this port. (But in all fairness, washing hands often is not a bad idea anywhere and anytime!)

Happy sailing!

From reading on these boards, I am fairly sure that the Adventure and the Serenade embark at the Pan America pier across the harbor from Old San Juan.

What is not as clear to me is where other RCCL ships dock when San Juan is just an itinerary stop, not the port of embarkation. Can anyone clarify for me? Particularly interested in the Jewel on its 8 day Eastern itinerary.

Thanks,

bobj

Archived